• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rugby Referees

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    My Dad has "retired" into reffing & organising Ladies Rugby. He loves it. Makes an old man happy

cm you disappoint me, i was expecting your reply to this would be 'mmmmmm rugby players'

all together now....'mmmmm rugby players....'

(male ones obviously, and not cm's dad, although i'm sure he is a very nice man, o goodness i need to just go to be before i put my foot in my mouth again!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Boudica View Post
      cm you disappoint me, i was expecting your reply to this would be 'mmmmmm rugby players'

all together now....'mmmmm rugby players....'

(male ones obviously, and not cm's dad, although i'm sure he is a very nice man, o goodness i need to just go to be before i put my foot in my mouth again!!!)
      I thought the "mmmmm" bit was a given!
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

My Dad has "retired" into reffing & organising Ladies Rugby. He loves it. Makes an old man happy
        Do they swap shirts at the end like in football? And if they do is it not like watching the Female German Shotput team take their kit off?
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Do they swap shirts at the end like in football? And if they do is it not like watching the Female German Shotput team take their kit off?
          Dunno, never seen a match

But not many of them look like German shotput-ers - lots of super pretty girls who can hold their beer.
          Bazza gets caught

Comment

Dunno, never seen a match

But not many of them look like German shotput-ers - lots of super pretty girls who can hold their beer.
            Do they France around with each others panties on their heads, light each others darts etc?

Rugby. A very strange game.

Comment

We put a ladies team together at our club about 10 years ago and it was mayhem. The amount of bitching that went on and struggled to put teams together as a lot of the women were having relatioships with each other and then neither would turn up if they split up it was a total nightmare and got scrapped. Being a small town team it was more like a dating agency to meet other women.

Hilarious but pain in the ass at the same time. Needless to say it only lasted 2 or 3 seasons
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
                Do they France around with each others panties on their heads, light each others darts etc?

Rugby. A very strange game.
                Yes, I imagine you would think that.

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                We put a ladies team together at our club about 10 years ago and it was mayhem. The amount of bitching that went on and struggled to put teams together as a lot of the women were having relatioships with each other and then neither would turn up if they split up it was a total nightmare and got scrapped. Being a small town team it was more like a dating agency to meet other women.

Hilarious but pain in the ass at the same time. Needless to say it only lasted 2 or 3 seasons
                Dad does it at Provincial level... he can't cope with the local club stuff, like you say too much bitching and relationships etc.
                Bazza gets caught

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Where did you get your white stick?
                  Its issued as part of your referees kit. As I progress through the ranks I can get a guide dog as well.
                  SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Good show.

Nice to know they've got everything sorted.
                    Also issued is a thick skin, to deflect false accusations, the speed and grace of a cheetah, to keep up with the pace of the game, an ego the size of which can't be explained, to allow referees to talk knowledgeably and al length about a subject that they know nothing about.

A very good system, although I did have to by my own red and yellow cards.
                    SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

Forwards generally make better refs than backs, even if they might struggle to keep up. It's because they know where and when to look to see the dirty stuff.
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X