• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: I'm a ShedHead!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I'm a ShedHead!"

Collapse

• gricerboy
    replied
    Originally posted by PinkPoshRat View Post
    I have just bought a walk-in pvc greenhouse
    I think that's called a polytunnel

Leave a comment:

• PinkPoshRat
    replied
    I have just bought a walk-in pvc greenhouse

Leave a comment:

• gricerboy
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I knew someone who topped up his engine oil with it.

It's not very lubricating really.
    I used to get it on my radishes when I was a little boy from the neighbour's larch lap fence. Didn't half burn!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Who on earth voted this thread 5*?!

Leave a comment:

• pacharan
    replied
    I quite like those Norwegian style barbecue huts. There was one on display the other day at our local agricultural show & I have to say I was sorely tempted. Well, would have been if I'd had 6K to spare.

Leave a comment:

• gricerboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Aman View Post
    while seeking an alternative supplier of the [BOLD]comestible[/BOLD] I found that creosote has in actual fact been banned for non-professional use since 2003

What the ....?
    Well I can't say I'm surprised they banned it if people drink the stuff lol!

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    I am so upset now I will have to go to the garage and eat a bit of asbestos board from the roof.
    We've all been there!

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Really? Bang goes my childhood. A neigbour's fence was done so regularly his whole family and his dog used to smell of it. I am so upset now I will have to go to the garage and eat a bit of asbestos board from the roof.

Leave a comment:

• Aman
    replied
    <-----Shedhead too.

One is over 40 years old, 2500mm by 1900mm and in ecvellent condition due to being made of good quality timber and having an annual croesote treatment, the other is about 15 years old and falling apart due to it being made of poor quality timber.

I went onto the Dodge City website to buy some creososte last Sunday. Angered that the search engine offered every other timber preservation product other than creoste I wrote them an arsey sarcastic note. Fortunately I didn't send it, because while seeking an alternative supplier of the comestible I found that creosote has in actual fact been banned for non-professional use since 2003

What the ....?

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Are you perchance Arthur "Two Sheds" Jackson??

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Will the Mayor be opening it?

He could bloody live in it!

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    I have two sheds. SNEER!
    Are you perchance Arthur "Two Sheds" Jackson??

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I've just replaced my shed with a robust and roomy twenty-footer. I'm currently doing the electrics, security lights, interior cladding and the other bollocks.

If it doesn't burst into flames on final switch-on I'm thinking of getting a coffee machine.
    Will the Mayor be opening it?

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I've just replaced my shed with a robust and roomy twenty-footer. I'm currently doing the electrics, security lights, interior cladding and the other bollocks.

If it doesn't burst into flames on final switch-on I'm thinking of getting a coffee machine.

Leave a comment:

• pacharan
    replied
    According to your criteria, I'm definitely a shedhead. My garden shed is the only place a man can get a bit of p and q in this household.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X