• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Son of Spartacus

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Son of Spartacus"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    My private health insurance will cover it. I just have to pick up the excess.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

refused live prolonging treatment under NHS rules on the basis that it would be too expensive.

You'll be ok if you are in Scotland though.
    My private health insurance will cover it. I just have to pick up the excess.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    There is a good chance I will end up stark raving bonkers though.

refused live prolonging treatment under NHS rules on the basis that it would be too expensive.

You'll be ok if you are in Scotland though.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    what makes me sad about this, is that there are kids being born today who will only know about Cancer from their history books. I am convinced it will be conquered in the next 50 years
    I think the point where eternal life is possible is closer than we think.

By the time I am 70 we will quite probably have the medical technology (such as artificial or replacement organs) to keep me alive another 30 years. By the time I am 100 we will have the technology to keep me alive until I am 200, and the advances made in the next hundred years after that will enable me to live until I'm 500.

There is a good chance I will end up stark raving bonkers though.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    what makes me sad about this, is that there are kids being born today who will only know about Cancer from their history books. I am convinced it will be conquered in the next 50 years
    think i'm gonna need it before then any chance they can get it sorted in the next 10???

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied

You're a crap troll.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    Stage 4

This means the cancer is advanced. There are 3 groups within stage 4

* 4a means the cancer has grown into the skull, cranial nerves, eye or lower part of the throat (T4). There may be cancer cells in the lymph nodes on one or both sides of the neck. These nodes are smaller than 6cm and above the collarbone area.
    * 4b means the cancer may have grown into the skull, cranial nerves, eye or lower part of the throat (T4) and it has spread to at least one lymph node that is bigger than 6cm across, or is in the collarbone area, or both
    * 4c means the main tumour is of any size but there is cancer spread to other parts of the body further away, for example the bone, lungs or brain
    Yup... you're stuffed

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Stage 4

This means the cancer is advanced. There are 3 groups within stage 4

* 4a means the cancer has grown into the skull, cranial nerves, eye or lower part of the throat (T4). There may be cancer cells in the lymph nodes on one or both sides of the neck. These nodes are smaller than 6cm and above the collarbone area.
    * 4b means the cancer may have grown into the skull, cranial nerves, eye or lower part of the throat (T4) and it has spread to at least one lymph node that is bigger than 6cm across, or is in the collarbone area, or both
    * 4c means the main tumour is of any size but there is cancer spread to other parts of the body further away, for example the bone, lungs or brain

Leave a comment:

• Normie
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I vaguely recall throat cancer is one of the faster ones, is that right? Either way, stage 4 sounds ominous.
    Stage 4 == "you're stuffed"

Cancer cells have probably spread to nearby regions and the liver

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Is stage 4 where you can't give blow jobs?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Bummer

Still, given the thread title, I might as well bring this one up again: one of Kirk Douglas's other sons, Eric (half-brother of Michael), tried to make it in the New York stand-up comedy scene. One night he was really bombing, with the audience booing and catcalling, and he lost his temper and shouted "Do you know who I am? I'm Kirk Douglas's son!"

A member of the audience immediately stood up and shouted "I'm Kirk Douglas's son!" Another stood and shouted "No, I'm Kirk Douglas's son!" - then a third, and so it built, until the entire audience was shouting "I'm Kirk Douglas's son!" and he wisely decided to leave the stage

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Well if Catherine needs anyone's shoulder to cry on, I am only a phonecall away.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I vaguely recall throat cancer is one of the faster ones, is that right? Either way, stage 4 sounds ominous.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Good actor, hope he recovers from it

Leave a comment:

Working...
X