• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "First we sell our companies to Fritz, now bits of Britain are sold to the Frogs"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Shut up and pay your taxes prole. The elite are not interested in you or your worthless opinions.
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by dave the contractor View Post
    Well I for one would like a referendum on leaving the EU. I'm fed up with being told what to do by other countries. I'd rather be told what to do by my own country.
    Shut up and pay your taxes prole. The elite are not interested in you or your worthless opinions.

Leave a comment:

• dave the contractor
    replied
    First we sell our companies to Fritz, now bits of Britain are sold to the Frogs

Well I for one would like a referendum on leaving the EU. I'm fed up with being told what to do by other countries. I'd rather be told what to do by my own country.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    expect Dover to be renamed 'Sangatte'.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I mean seriously?

First government sells BMW and Cadburys to foreign owners now they're slicing up the country to make a quick buck?

BBC News - Dover locals anxious over possible port sale

I feel like one of those hollow tree trunks you see lying in the forest with fungus being the only resident.
    I fail to see how the government had anything to do with BMW and Cadbury's. Why the f**k does the government have to be involved with anything involving jobs?

Reminds of the twit I say on TV last year who said "I expect the government to find me a job"(sic). Okay so lay about and one day the phone rings and its David.."guess what, I've just created a job for you!"

Sheesh!

Mind you..I am against the public trading of banks and how easy they can be bought and sold by other banks. There was a time when banks were nice guys...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I mean seriously?

First government sells BMW and Cadburys to foreign owners now they're slicing up the country to make a quick buck?

BBC News - Dover locals anxious over possible port sale

I feel like one of those hollow tree trunks you see lying in the forest with fungus being the only resident.

This post is so moronic on so many levels it had me spilling my tea, chortling.
    Clearly the other commodity we're giving to Fritz is our cretins
    My ribs hurt now.

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    I take it that was said tongue in cheek:
    Nein!

SaxeCobergGotha is pronounced "Windsor".

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Chirk and Marlbrook are both sheds in cow fields. 200 people is hardly a large cull for a company of that size.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I love it when you read a thread and you think "what a "

The you realise it was your own post from yonks ago.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Still trying to save face on this thread, you've got a good memory I'll give you that!!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Kraft cuts 200 jobs at Bournville

It's a PLC. If you pay enough you can buy it?

PS. I've worked for Cadbury HQ in the past. Stuck up snobs the lot of them.
    BBC News - Kraft cuts 200 jobs at Bournville, Chirk and Marlbrook

Predictable course of events really. £$%$£3 shareholders.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied

Well in that case, did we get a price?

PS: I've got a lovely far tory just coming off the boil, any offers?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    The government had every opportunity to kick those shareholders up the, oh sir...
    It's a PLC. If you pay enough you can buy it?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    How exactly did "the government" sell Cadbury to Kraft?

Jeez. Fick or wot?
    The government had every opportunity to kick those shareholders up the, oh sir...

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by markinbrussels View Post
    BMW = Bayerische Motoren Werke

Since when Bavaria is in the UK?
    Well the I meant the mini brand

Leave a comment:

Working...
X