• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "World War II? Not That Bad..."

Collapse

• dang65
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Sure, but the Germans and Austrians aren't known for their sense of humour. And the French enjoy sticking it to the English.

Anyway, you shouldn't make jokes about the holocaust. My great uncle died in Auschwitz... he fell out of the watchtower.
    I'd never buy a German car. Not after what my grandad told me about his experiences in the war.

Seems he had terrible trouble getting spare parts for his staff car.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Sure, but the Germans and Austrians aren't known for their sense of humour. ...
    I was wrong there. Of course the Germans have a sense of humour. Though it is rather robust, and often involves invading Poland for a joke.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    The problem with the Third Reich was that in all groups there were just a few bad eggs who had to spoil it for everyone else.

Adolf was never satisfied with a quick pint and burning down government buildings, he just had to show off and go that little bit too far!

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Is holocaust denial a crime in the UK?
    Just be glad it's not a crime in the USA, otherwise extradition proceedings would have already started...

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Is holocaust denial a crime in the UK?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    You're only making it worse!
    Making it worse? How can it be worse? Jehovah, Jehovah, Jehovah.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Did someone say Jehovah?
    You're only making it worse!

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Did someone say Jehovah?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Why was he a Jehovahs Witness?
    If you had any sense of history you wouldnt make filthy jokes like that. Do you have any idea what they did to the jehovas witnesses ? thought not.

They used to knock on the cell doors three times a day and ask them 'what do you think about the state of the world today'

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    How bad was WWII, really?
    Was it better for youths than hanging around on street corners causing mischief?

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    He felt it offered him an alternative world view that chimed with his individual feelings and beliefs.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Sure, but the Germans and Austrians aren't known for their sense of humour. And the French enjoy sticking it to the English.

Anyway, you shouldn't make jokes about the holocaust. My great uncle died in Auschwitz... he fell out of the watchtower.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    I know you aren't allowed to deny the holocaust, but surely satire is allowed.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    It's on a par with cartoons about Muhammad...

Allegedly!

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Best you stay away from Austria, Germany and France now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X