• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Miscarriage

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Miscarriage"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Or wait for a mod to come along.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Edit post, then press the "delete" button between "go advanced" and cancel.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth
    Removed as over personal. We need a delete.
    aye. maybe the mods can delete individual posts as well as threads

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Terribly sad, but as has been said, nature tends to know best.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    For the life of me I can't understand why you posted that on this forum. We're not friends, it isn't a support network...
    Strange mindset.

Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
    One of the worst things I have ever gone through as a parent and husband. Am in the office after a failed scan this morning and don't know what to say to wife or daughter. Horrible feeling when you know that only the passing of time can solve a problem.
    Our missing sprog was never more than a missed period and a blue line. Still aches 14 years later.

General consensus seems to be - keep shagging. I can't disagree with that!

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Whippy
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    been through it, yes it's painful, time will get over it, support your mrs, and when the time is right, try again
    WHS, been through it too after a long time trying.... was utterly devastated at the time. But we managed to conceive again within 5 weeks, so it all worked out in the end.

Go home, get yourself and family through it and then get trying again as soon as you feel you want to

Leave a comment:

• biondani
    replied
    I have been through this myself, my wife miscarried early in pregnancy. We have since had twins (she fell pregnant a couple of months after the miscarriage). As others have said go home and spend some time together.

Ian

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Very sorry.

It's not clear from your post who has had the miscarriage, your wife or daughter.

I've been through this twice - It's very sad but in general it's nature's way of sorting these things out. I'm sure that if you support and continue to talk to your family there will be an eventual happy outcome.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Not a dad, but I think these things can cause emotional distress.

Try for another as soon as you can.

Friend of mine had two abortions as a teenager and then tried to have a child in her thirties but miscarried ten times before docs told her not to try again.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    For the life of me I can't understand why you posted that on this forum. We're not friends, it isn't a support network. You should be with your family, not posting on here.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    So sorry to hear that. Not being a dad, I can't possibly understand how you must be feeling. As others have said - take some time out and be with your family.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    been through it, yes it's painful, time will get over it, support your mrs, and when the time is right, try again

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    sorry to hear about this, support each other and help each other as you go along.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Very sorry to hear this.

As others have said - Go home and be with your family.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Sorry, being a bloke I'm not good at the touchy feely stuff, but that's bloody hard luck; best wishes to all of you.

And yes, go home instead of working; there are more important things than work.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X