• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Missing thread

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Missing thread"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Four minutes fast enough?
    40 years faster than me.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Mmm. Would Nick be so quick to apologise if he was wrong?
    Four minutes fast enough?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Mmm. Would Nick be so quick to apologise if he was wrong?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    My apologies.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    You know, you're right. I was a tad quick to hit the delete button. Regardless of how banal I thought the thread was, NAT was right just to move it to LR. Plus, following the rationale above, the thread will be undeleted.

My apologies.

Leave a comment:

• Boudica
    replied

You apologised!!!!

Bedwetter
    RH is a gent.

hint! hint!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    You know, you're right. I was a tad quick to hit the delete button. Regardless of how banal I thought the thread was, NAT was right just to move it to LR. Plus, following the rationale above, the thread will be undeleted.

My apologies.

You apologised!!!!

Bedwetter

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    IMHO, it's good to have a policy of refusing to delete stuff, at least once others have responded and their contributions as well as that of the OP have entered the record. The most important thing is that it gives the site a weapon against those who would seek to harm the forums at a later stage by threats, after the manner you describe....

...Still, if RH decided to delete it, there we are. It contradicts the official line though. Sorry, RH, but I think you were wrong.

My apologies.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

I hope I am not overeacting. nerd
    Sheesh, MF, you're such a girl.

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    What the? SuitU banned? gone forever?

Where will we get our entertainment from?
    No, only temporarily. I certainly wouldn't like him to vanish forever, because, despite certain apparently paranoid leanings, his posts do add a bit of life and colour to General. Anyway, he inspired my new avatar.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    It may, or may not, have something to do with a certain former poster who, IIRC, demanded admin delete their id and everything that they had ever posted when they flounced, to use the modern vernacular. This was not something that admin was going to comply with.
    I think I know of whom you speak

IMHO, it's good to have a policy of refusing to delete stuff, at least once others have responded and their contributions as well as that of the OP have entered the record. The most important thing is that it gives the site a weapon against those who would seek to harm the forums at a later stage by threats, after the manner you describe.

(Those who end up failing to publish what they wanted to publish and throw their hands up in despair may perhaps be excused, although that's how we got TPD.)

People should accept that if they publish something on t'Internet, no matter how small or large, it has been said and is there for all to see. This is why, for example, Slashdot doesn't delete comments except on one occasion (and guess whose fault that was?) which happened in its younger days and, I suspect, would not happen now.

Still, if RH decided to delete it, there we are. It contradicts the official line though. Sorry, RH, but I think you were wrong.

Anyway, I think SY01 is OK, but he ought to lighten up when it comes to something as trivial as an infraction. I hope he returns once his ban has ended, but hopefully not in the style of Churchill, for there was weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth (yet much hilarity for the rest of us )

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by bumgardner View Post
    I see. Reading the thread you do indeed seem to have a vendetta as SY01 suggests. Call me picky but the vendetta logo is a dead giveaway. Is this modding? I belong to many forums online, and while SY01's protestations seem childish they are valid IMHO and the board has done little to address these, but has done much to confirm his suspicions.

Why is this?
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Have banned your sock puppets. V poor show.
    Truly pathetic - creating sock puppets to continue your argument after you have flounced off.
    Last edited by Clippy; 14 August 2010, 00:36.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    OK. Remove 'old' from that post. Does that sound any better?
    Nope, thought it wouldn't.
    Ah yes. Much better.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    How dare you!

I am not old.
    OK. Remove 'old' from that post. Does that sound any better?
    Nope, thought it wouldn't.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Aye, probably not you old f***er
    How dare you!

I am not old.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied