• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Reasonably priced cars for contractors"

Collapse

• original PM
    replied
    you cannot beat a Mazda

well actually you can but a 3 or 6 is a very good buy - bombproof reliability according to most Car mags.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    LOL... right.. Toyota is a good move. Get you there reliably... it is just the stopping bit thats a bit of a bugger
    I had mine 7 years with zero issues. Based on CUK logic, they're all like that.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    American lawyers done a good job on destroying Toyota's reputation... and made a pretty penny no doubt.
    Nah, they switched to BP now - more lucrative business ...

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by markinbrussels View Post
    On the basis of my status I should drive an A0.

I reckon you need to buy something slightly flashier than what you're considering. Your ego needs a boost.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    LOL... right.. Toyota is a good move. Get you there reliably... it is just the stopping bit thats a bit of a bugger
    American lawyers done a good job on destroying Toyota's reputation... and made a pretty penny no doubt.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Are you trying not to make sense? It's not a pretend warranty, it's in the marketing because it's real and it's real because they're confident very few will ever need to claim - otherwise they'd lose money.
    OTOH, neither is a car I'd choose, Toyota or Ford are more polished.

Leave a comment:

• supergal
    replied
    judging by your picture I'd say fiesta in pink lol.

Leave a comment:

• markinbrussels
    replied
    Originally posted by Rantor View Post
    If you work in IT in Belgium, you should be aware of the new regulations that dictate you must drive a 2 litre Audi diesel. This will be an A3/4/5 depending on your officialy designated status.
    On the basis of my status I should drive an A0.

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Nissan Qashqai - excellent car, loads of 'extras' as standard at a super price. Get the sport NTec model.

Leave a comment:

• markinbrussels
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I wouldn't buy a Kia or a Hyundai, that's too much like admitting you're crap at life.
    Well, my life is crap. What's wrong about being honest?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    They give pretty good warranty 5-7 years
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    Good to see the marketing is working
    Are you trying not to make sense? It's not a pretend warranty, it's in the marketing because it's real and it's real because they're confident very few will ever need to claim - otherwise they'd lose money.
    OTOH, neither is a car I'd choose, Toyota or Ford are more polished.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Actually don't. Wilmslow had no end of trouble with his, and in the real world, a mate of mine is having a nightmare with his.
    Well obviously if two people have problems, they're all crap.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Rantor View Post
    If you work in IT in Belgium, you should be aware of the new regulations that dictate you must drive a 2 litre Audi diesel. This will be an A3/4/5 depending on your officialy designated status. While no deviation from this is currently permitted, you will benefit from the inherent hardness that frowny led running lights will bestow upon you.
    Are they as 'ard as old skool BMW 5 series halos?

Seriously WGAS as long as it's reliable and works for the intended purpose?

Leave a comment:

• Rantor
    replied
    Originally posted by markinbrussels View Post
    My old Opel Astra is about to die anytime soon.

I've thought of these potential cars to replace it:

Kia Ceed
    Hyunday i30
    Honda Civic
    Toyota Auris

Opinions? Anyone?

Anyway, what are you driving these days?

If you work in IT in Belgium, you should be aware of the new regulations that dictate you must drive a 2 litre Audi diesel. This will be an A3/4/5 depending on your officialy designated status. While no deviation from this is currently permitted, you will benefit from the inherent hardness that frowny led running lights will bestow upon you.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I would go for something German, although some of the current Alfa Romeos look nice.

I wouldn't buy a Kia or a Hyundai, that's too much like admitting you're crap at life. I wouldn't buy a Toyota either, given their recent woes, unless you can get a huge discount because of that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X