• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cable: we will respect Indian's ICT demands"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    By your "app" you mean a line of code that calls Yahoo's or other search engines backlink api?
    And that call will most certainly break their T&Cs, but then again since ministrone isn't bothered about infringing on other companies trademarks, he might as well do that - this will build a very "lasting" business.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post

As they say on Dragon's Den, don't waste any more of your money.
    I've been on that, or close, for years and I don't even work 7 hours a day .
    I don't think you work even 1 minute a day.

Let's just say I am pretty satisfied with SKA's progress so far - the best is yet to come and you sure won't miss it so long as you check General regularly for imminent SKA News.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Yes please do, and when you reach sales of at least £100k then let me know.

As they say on Dragon's Den, don't waste any more of your money.
    I've been on that, or close, for years and I don't even work 7 hours a day .

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Which, if any, is the subset and which the superset; out of mathematics, logic and computer languages? Programming is like maths on steroids, although without the rigour and the provision of proof.
    I don't think either is a proper subset of the other, although there is certainly an overlap. Originally computing was a branch of maths to some extent bit it's grown beyond that, it's very much it's own discipline imo, and draws from a lot other fields, not just maths.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    By your "app" you mean a line of code that calls Yahoo's or other search engines backlink api?
    Precisely.

Probably an afternoon to write and will give much better results than SKA ever will.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    10 sites chosen by a group of posters on here next friday lunch time.

I go off and get the back link information using my app and you get the back link info using SKA.

The winner is the one that can return the most accurate back link info.

Take the bet, I will seriously enjoy it. I love winning and will welcome the chance to put you down as someone who cannot hack earning money.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    10 sites chosen by a group of posters on here next friday lunch time.

I go off and get the back link information using my app and you get the back link info using SKA.

The winner is the one that can return the most accurate back link info.

Take the bet, I will seriously enjoy it. I love winning and will welcome the chance to put you down as someone who cannot hack earning money.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Well sue me.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I've never met a good programmer who thinks what they do is easy. That's because they tend to use their full brain power for the job at hand which means they often think about and consider things that the ones who just "write code" generally don't.

I'm inclined to agree that mathematicians make the best programmers.
    Which, if any, is the subset and which the superset; out of mathematics, logic and computer languages? Programming is like maths on steroids, although without the rigour and the provision of proof.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    What you may find is that Asda has got independent research to back it up - just their word won't be sufficient.
    Well sue me. My service will be free.

What you have acknowledged by your diversions is that you can write in a day what you have taken 7 years to write.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    POPCORN! POPCORN!

GET YER POPCORN 'ERE!!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Well as I think I just seen an advert for Asda who said they were cheper than Tesco...
    What you may find is that Asda has got independent research to back it up - just their word won't be sufficient.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    If I were you I'd be very careful about using our trademarks - in fact I'd recommend you do not use them at all.
    Well as I think I just seen an advert for Asda who said they were cheper than Tesco...

Pucker up buttercup.

Your 7 years work is just going down.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    When my code is finished I will place it on the web and place plenty of headers on the site "majestic SEO cheap" and such.
    If I were you I'd be very careful about using our trademarks - in fact I'd recommend you do not use them at all.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I think I said very clearly - go write whatever you think can compete with SKA, and when you achieve sales of at least £100k then we'll talk.
    I think I offered you a chance to prove yourself as a coder.

What I will do is write an app that replicates what SKA does.

It is no surprise that you do not want to join me in this bet.

When my code is finished I will place it on the web and place plenty of headers on the site "majestic SEO cheap" and such.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X