• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "A Platinum Caravan!!!!!"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    You pays your money and takes your chance.

What did he expect for what he spent?
    For a grand a week? You could get a 5* hotel at that price with a little shopping about, certainly 4*, probably with dinner included. You could certainly rent a beautiful holiday cottage for far less.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Does it come with sandbags and flood barriers?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    So this time for £1k for the New Year period I've picked up a fantastic lodge at Finlake in Devon with hot tub, sauna, private setting. Well recommended and great entertainment.

MF recommendation.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    The father is drying his hair while kids are eating; bad example to the kids. If they are on holiday, they should sit down and eat together. …dysfunctional family

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Did he want to some blue sky thinking?

IGMC

Leave a comment:

• Brussels Slumdog
    replied
    Read the small print

Not yet embarked on my holiday to the caravan park as I am joining midweek.

The Father In Law, a recently retired MD of a large Consultancy & his money spending spouse had booked two one week caravans at this fantastic location for all the family. Booking the top of the range 'Platinum' caravan, they are dismayed that there is no balcony, they are near an electricity pylon and the rooms are the size of cupboards.

He has paid £1000 each for this family treat and the news from the wife is, he's pretty upset it's not better.

Haven Park Overlay?

Does anyone think it would be rude if I feign claustrophobia and book a local 4 star hotel for the rest of the week?
    Consultants should be used to reading contracts and paying attention to the small print.

During the video it clearly states"Layout and style may vary from site to site" Well the layout of your father in laws caravan is near an electricity pylon. The video clip displays caravans and holiday homes with a balcony. The caravans clearly do not have a balcony.
    I have just come back from a holiday in Corsica where I paid €200 a week for a broken down caravan with a view of other caravans. Mrs BS had a great holiday as some of her family where in the same caravan park.
    Caravan owners seem to share the same love of caravans as Jeremy Clarkson's love of motor cars.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    There's a point the consultant is completely missing, that same caravan would have been £250 a week ago.

Only cockney plumbers can afford the school holidays, the £1000 cost has nothing to do with the level of luxury.
    Last edited by gingerjedi; 27 July 2010, 07:33.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    By the way, most of the inmates of a Haven Holiday would consider a "pylon view" to be the height of modern sophistication.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Maybe by "balcony" he meant one of those canopy thingies you attach to the side of the caravan and sit around outside beneath it.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    dismayed that there is no balcony
    He needs to explain that one. Did he actually know what a caravan is? Why the heck should it have a balcony? Where would it go? As he's a consultant, ask him to "whiteboard it" for you. Is he a complete idiot?

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    You pays your money and takes your chance.

What did he expect for what he spent?

I'm guessing havens don't really deal with "don't you know who I am". It's a caravan park FFS.

If you (he) wanted the savoy he should have booked it.

Either enjoy the time with your family or do something else. From the pics it looks fine for time with the family away from it all. luxury, no... but time well spent maybe.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Take a tent. It's got to be better than a caravan. They'll probably charge extra for such luxury though.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Well I definitely cant use 'A family member has suddenly died'.
    Got any pets? A great aunt?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    You won't be there for long and I'm sure you can arrange an "urgent work issue" if things get desperate. Or book a hotel.
    Well I definitely cant use 'A family member has suddenly died'.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    You won't be there for long and I'm sure you can arrange an "urgent work issue" if things get desperate. Or book a hotel.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X