• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "UK - The junior partner?"

Collapse

• Flashman
    replied
    Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
    David Cameron is being blasted for saying that the UK is the junior partner to the US, whilst I do not think that applied during World War 2, I do think he is being realistic in that we are no longer a superpower, and that in the 21st century we are an important player but in no way an equal partner to the US.
    That's been bleedin' obvious to everyone since the Suez crisis in 1956.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by SizeZero View Post
    I know most guys can't tell the difference between small or medium, but if you look at a globe, the UK is most definitely small, in the geographical sense of the word.
    But we have a large deficit which makes us top of something!

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Meanwhile, Mr Cameron's elderly parents have written to the headmaster of Eton Collge demanding their money back.

Mrs Cameron said: "Thirty grand a year for this sh1t? Do I look like a fcuking chump? I want my money. Now.

"And don't p1ss me about. I'm a magistrate and I will **** you up."

WWII Illegal says Mash

Leave a comment:

• SizeZero
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    the reality is that we are a semi-bankrupt, second-rate, small sized country is making us the laughing stock of the world.
    I know most guys can't tell the difference between small or medium, but if you look at a globe, the UK is most definitely small, in the geographical sense of the word.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Blasted by whom? Navel gazers here maybe no one in the US is the least interested
    Very true. The insular British press makes it seem that anyone gives a tulipe, when in the US it's "Dave who?"

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    He's being blasted for saying "We were the junior partner in 1940 when we were fighting the Nazis." At that point the USA hadn't even joined the war.
    But France did

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    He's being blasted for saying "We were the junior partner in 1940 when we were fighting the Nazis." At that point the USA hadn't even joined the war.
    Blasted by whom? Navel gazers here maybe no one in the US is the least interested

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Every time I read this I think of Hi De Hi
    Well, they don't come much "camper" than sasguru!

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    HTH, but IDI.
    Every time I read this I think of Hi De Hi

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Having pretensions to Great Power status by hanging on US coat tails, while the reality is that we are a semi-bankrupt, second-rate, medium sized country is making us the laughing stock of the world.

HTH, but IDI.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    What War??

Uncle Sam

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Waldorf
    started a topic UK - The junior partner?

UK - The junior partner?

David Cameron is being blasted for saying that the UK is the junior partner to the US, whilst I do not think that applied during World War 2, I do think he is being realistic in that we are no longer a superpower, and that in the 21st century we are an important player but in no way an equal partner to the US.

Working...
X