• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Info needed - Personal loan"

Collapse

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Check under the sofa cushions.

HTH

DP or Sas
    Sorry to hijack your thread OP, but on a contract a few years ago in Bristol, we were all out at the pub with a few permies there too. One of the permies started talking about needing a loan of £10K and how hard it was to get it. One of the contractors pointed to one of the other contractors and said, "Why don't you ask Chris, he's got more than that in the ashtray of his Lexus' Oh how we laughed.....

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by joe69 View Post
    Hi All,

I have been contracting for the past 3.5 years now but a newbie on this forum so please be gentle :-).

Anyway's I need some advice and suggestion regarding personal loans for IT Contractors.
    I am looking for a personal loan of around £25000/-.

On any on-line application form for personal loans they ask for your monthly income and being an IT Contractor/Self Employed operating through my own ltd firm ,what monthly income should i mention? (My minimum salary or the contract rate)?

Also does anyone have any suggestions about specific lenders who are more considerate towards Contractors.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks for your help!

Joe
    The bank will not loan you money for a personal loan if you are self employed. You can get a business loan but at a much higher rate.

Presuming you are employed by your own ltd co, you could say that you are employed. Good luck but I don’t think you will get very far in the current climate.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Check under the sofa cushions.

HTH

DP or Sas

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesspratt View Post
    There may always be unforeseen reasons for a loan. I found this post after googling "contractor personal loan" - I've been contracting for about 6 years, realise this is against my better judgement but can see no other alternative - to buy my ex out of our property, I need to raise a further £20k. Unless someone else out there has a bright idea, it is situations like these where a personal loan may be necessary.

So, with that background in mind, can someone please advise?

Thanks
    Get someone to shoot your missus?

On a serious note, remortgage the house.
    (if there isn't sufficient equity then why are you giving her £20k?)

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Zopa.

Google it.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Remortgage shurley?

Leave a comment:

• jamesspratt
    replied
    he said go easy on him

There may always be unforeseen reasons for a loan. I found this post after googling "contractor personal loan" - I've been contracting for about 6 years, realise this is against my better judgement but can see no other alternative - to buy my ex out of our property, I need to raise a further £20k. Unless someone else out there has a bright idea, it is situations like these where a personal loan may be necessary.

So, with that background in mind, can someone please advise?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I'm not a financial adviser or your mother but is it wise to be borrowing 25k after 3.5k years contracting? One of the golden rules for contracting is keeping your outgoings to an absolute minimum.

Ignore me if the loan is for something critical but if you're just after a flash motor you're doing it all wrong.
    WHS, you should have this amount stashed by now or you are believing your contract rate will last forever. I only ever pay cash for cars and never take out a loan, exception being a mortgage.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I just went to my bank and asked for one.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I'm not a financial adviser or your mother but is it wise to be borrowing 25k after 3.5k years contracting? One of the golden rules for contracting is keeping your outgoings to an absolute minimum.

Ignore me if the loan is for something critical but if you're just after a flash motor you're doing it all wrong.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by joe69 View Post

I have been contracting for the past 3.5 years now but a newbie on this forum so please be gentle :-)
    <toothless redneck>

He's gat a real purty mayouth

</toothless redneck>

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Why do new posters always ask us to be gentle? What are we? A bunch of ogres or something??

Claim you income as you yearly income of PAYE and Divis and if they want proof of income point them to your accountant who can show it. Ask your accountant if he is willing to do that first though out of courtesy. Thats what I did for a mortgage and it worked fine.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    This is going to be very much against the rules, however what's the worst that can happen on here - I can get banned, anyway -

Joey, have You Ever Been In A Turkish Prison?

Oveur.

Leave a comment:

• joe69
    started a topic Info needed - Personal loan

Info needed - Personal loan

Hi All,

I have been contracting for the past 3.5 years now but a newbie on this forum so please be gentle :-).

Anyway's I need some advice and suggestion regarding personal loans for IT Contractors.
    I am looking for a personal loan of around £25000/-.

On any on-line application form for personal loans they ask for your monthly income and being an IT Contractor/Self Employed operating through my own ltd firm ,what monthly income should i mention? (My minimum salary or the contract rate)?

Also does anyone have any suggestions about specific lenders who are more considerate towards Contractors.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks for your help!

Joe

Working...
X