• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Lesbians in the office"

Collapse

• centurian
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Do you think a discreet snigger would get you busted?
    In reality, almost certainly not...

But Section 4A and Section 5 of the Public Order Act are quite wide ranging and basically means saying anything that somebody else takes offence to (in a public place).

In practice, it has to be something pretty extreme before the CPS will look at it.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Techically I think she bats for both sides.
    She looks better than most of the lesbians I've been looking at.

Looks like Simon Singh tried to get his leg over? Is that when she allegedly turned lesbian?

On 30 September 2005, Melua came under criticism in The Guardian from writer and scientist Simon Singh for the lyrics of the track "Nine Million Bicycles". Melua's disputed lyrics were:
    “ We are 12 billion light-years from the edge. That's a guess - no-one can ever say it's true, but I know that I will always be with you. ”

They were interpreted by Singh as an assault on the accuracy of the work of cosmologists which sparked a series of letters from other Guardian readers, agreeing or disagreeing. On 15 October, Melua and Singh appeared on the BBC's Today programme, and Melua unveiled a re-recording of the song which included Singh's tongue-in-cheek amendments to the lyrics:
    “ We are 13.7 billion light-years from the edge of the observable universe, That's a good estimate with well-defined error bars, And with the available information, I predict that I will always be with you. ”

Both sides amicably agreed that the new lyrics were less likely to achieve commercial success, amidst a discussion about scientific accuracy versus artistic licence.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Is she one? I could only think of Ellen Deg-wasserface, and KD Lang. Isn't Ellen going out with Portia thingy?

I'm not great with names.
    Techically I think she bats for both sides.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Katie Melua?
    Is she one? I could only think of Ellen Deg-wasserface, and KD Lang. Isn't Ellen going out with Portia thingy?

I'm not great with names.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Who is the prettiest famous lesbian?
    Katie Melua?

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Kylie

That's just a guess though.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Kylie

That's just a guess though.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Best looking lesbian

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    In Wales they come to work dressed as sheep. They don't like you laughing at them.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    A cross dresser isn't necessarily homosexual so would the discrimination laws apply? Why is it any different to me turning up at work in my old gardening trousers cos I'm a scruffy old git?

Interesting these laws, what if an originally male Transexual, now a woman, felt like cross dressing and turned up as a man and then said he was lesbian? If you sniggered you could presumably get done four times because a bloke looked and acted like a bloke.

PS I tried the missus's nickers on once but it felt very lonely in there, like being in an empty sports stadium.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 20 July 2010, 15:40.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Maybe not by the public order act but looking at some of the transexuals in Manchester a hard punch in gob wouldn't be too unusual and definately something to be avoided.
    If you will overdo the eyeliner NL!!!!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Maybe not by the public order act but looking at some of the transexuals in Manchester a hard punch in gob wouldn't be too unusual and definately something to be avoided.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    If it was a gay psycho in a wheelchair it would raise a smile from me. I stand behind them and whisper their name quietly and in in the style of Kenneth Williams

'ooooo Sasguru'
    Well tis true that I have no compunction about laughing at the retards on CUK like SB etc.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Do you feelin like laughing at homosexuals, cripples and schizophrenics too?
    If it was a gay psycho in a wheelchair it would raise a smile from me. I stand behind them and whisper their name quietly and in in the style of Kenneth Williams

'ooooo Sasguru'

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by centurian View Post
    However, at a stretch, you might be nailed under Section 5, Public Order Act.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X