• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone else following the Goldacre Vs McKeith twitter fight?"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Good work Nick ;-) Just read your post on JoK
    Cheers

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Hell yes. This ain't charity.

Wanna buy some water? It had some 'stuff' in it once and I'm sure it remembers all about it.
    This sums it all up really

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    no

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Do you charge extra for looking at people's excrement?

I betcha thats where she makes her money

Hell yes. This ain't charity.

Wanna buy some water? It had some 'stuff' in it once and I'm sure it remembers all about it.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    True. I am also a nutritionist and using the non Dr's logic, I am recommending all basketball players eat kangaroo meat. If you want to be taller and thinner, eat snakes.

That'll be £50 please.

HTH (BIW)
    Do you charge extra for looking at people's excrement?

I betcha thats where she makes her money

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Good lord, Nick - two blog posts in a year!! It must be serious

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    True. I am also a nutritionist and using the non Dr's logic, I am recommending all basketball players eat kangaroo meat. If you want to be taller and thinner, eat snakes.

That'll be £50 please.

HTH (BIW)
    Nice, but for double boomed, you should also start selling the kangaroo meat. Now that's a Plan B.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    I heard on the radio the other day that you should always be wary of someone who refers to themselves as a nutritionist. The term dietician is legally protected like doctor or dentist but anyone can call themself a nutritionist. Assuming that's true, I'm guessing McKeith is a nutritionist.

That'll be £50 please.

HTH (BIW)

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    I heard on the radio the other day that you should always be wary of someone who refers to themselves as a nutritionist. The term dietician is legally protected like doctor or dentist but anyone can call themself a nutritionist. Assuming that's true, I'm guessing McKeith is a nutritionist.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    just focus on someone who can be easily targeted by an ever hungry media.
    Nice one. Saw what you did there!!

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    There are plenty of men named and shamed in Goldacre's book Bad Science - Professor Patrick Holford gets a whole chapter to himself for the rubbish he talks about nutrition (including claiming that Vitamin C is more effective against HIV than AZT is), and the chapter about Matthias Rath (who persuaded the South African government that garlic was an effective cure for AIDS and "Western" medicines were poison) had to be left out of the first edition because he sued Goldacre and The Grauniad for libel in a case that cost them around £500,000 before it was finally thrown out.
    Thank you.

The problem is people seem to focus on Ms McKeith, rather than the more serious issues addressed by the book and just focus on someone who can be easily targeted by an ever hungry media.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Gillian McKeith?
    Jeezus, I would not trust her to count her tits and get the same number twice!!!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Thought you were losing the plot there without a link!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Gillian McKeith: You are what you tweet

Leave a comment:

Working...
X