• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "England-Germany predictions"

Collapse

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    Certainly England Manager supremo - wots-his-name- Cappelo ? Is up 4 million already - no wonder he wants to stay on - at this rate he will soon put into the shade the earnings of Erik the Swede .

PS Have the FA ever considered an English manager for the English team ?
    I think he's up more than that. He's on £6 million a year, which is why I'll be very surprised if he quits at the imminent press conference and gives up the £12 million he's due for the Euro 2012 campaign.

And they did hire an English manager before Capello. It was even more of a disaster. However he went to have success in Holland and clearly isn't a bad manager. The same could be said for Sven and Capello. The common factor in England's poor performances seem to be the players, or even just the name England hanging like a millstone around their necks.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I did make one mistake in my predictions for this WC - I thought that England were better than Germany. This was based on what I saw last year - but what the Germans cleverly did (and Ballack going out no doubt forced the issue) is that they introduced a handful of young talent from their under 21s who seem to be making all the difference.
    Their no.10 in particular is superb.

For the rest I did say that they (engerland) were a bunch of overpaid chavs and Capello wouldn't make much difference and in that I was proved right.
    Perhaps thats the key - the players arent being paid enough .

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I did make one mistake in my predictions for this WC - I thought that England were better than Germany. This was based on what I saw last year - but what the Germans cleverly did (and Ballack going out no doubt forced the issue) is that they introduced a handful of young talent from their under 21s who seem to be making all the difference.
    Their no.10 in particular is superb.

For the rest I did say that they (engerland) were a bunch of overpaid chavs and Capello wouldn't make much difference and in that I was proved right.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    They used to be English Managers who did it for pride and all that.....

Then they decided they needed results so they decided to "Buy Success" by spending out Millions of Pounds on foreign chaps........ and when that failed.... they did it again.....

I don't know much about Football but I thought only 3rd rate, no hope little backwoods countries hired in foreign coaches to try to bring the rudiments to backward hicksville players......

Oh D'oh!

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Certainly England Manager supremo - wots-his-name- Cappelo ? Is up 4 million already - no wonder he wants to stay on - at this rate he will soon put into the shade the earnings of Erik the Swede .

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Green Mango View Post
    Gordon Brown could do with some England flags, he is a supporter.
    It's all his fault then.

Hint: try Googling for "Jonah Brown"

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    The betting exchanges and the vast majority of bookies offer you the option of prices displayed in decimal or fractional odds. Decimal odds are a bit weird at first but it makes comparisons a hell of a lot easier.
    Never used betting exchanges, but from the looks of it it's really simple with this decimal odds thing. Stake * odds = amount taken away if you win, easy.

Thanks for the info on England being out. One big plus is as Troll pointed out the wildly overpaid moronic numpties won't be getting knighted

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Positives:

Rooney won't get a knighthood
    No. He's going to be living in a caravan eating beans.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Minestrone it's obvious you understand this decimal odds thing, can you explain it please? I was familiar with the 3/1 type odds, but as someone who doesn't really bet I'm a bit confused.

Congrats on winning the bets by the way

Does this mean England are now out or do we have to tolerate more England football related obsessive press?
    The betting exchanges and the vast majority of bookies offer you the option of prices displayed in decimal or fractional odds. Decimal odds are a bit weird at first but it makes comparisons a hell of a lot easier.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Ok, so at 1.66 if you put £100 on you get £166 if they win?

Pretty simple then, thanks for the explanation.

Are England booking their flights as a result of this loss?
    Yup, 66 profit.

They will be back tomorrow I would think.

Press will go bonkers for a couple of days then you won't even know England were ever in the work cup after that.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Ok, so at 1.66 if you put £100 on you get £166 if they win?

Pretty simple then, thanks for the explanation.

Are England booking their flights as a result of this loss?

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Positives:

Rooney won't get a knighthood

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Minestrone it's obvious you understand this decimal odds thing, can you explain it please? I was familiar with the 3/1 type odds, but as someone who doesn't really bet I'm a bit confused.

Does this mean England are now out or do we have to tolerate more England football related obsessive press?
    Cheers.

Evens would be 2. 3/1 would be 4

SO there is no concept of you getting your stake back like it used to be. You just get back the stake * the odds.

Most games the strong favourites are starting with odds of about 1.5. (1/2)

Argentina have 1.66 for tonight.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X