• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Dettol advert

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dettol advert"

Collapse

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Have you seen the currently running advert where they say bacteria can even survive in lava? Should they be fined, closed down and shot for talking such carp, and how the advert get past the incompetent people that are supposed to stop companies putting out carp like this?
    I saw some small print on one of the hair colour adds on TV, saying only some of the models extensions were coloured, i.e. Eva Longoria would not put the stuff on her own hair, nice.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Shotgun is more effective
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Now that would really make a mess of the bathroom.
    Not to mention your arse!

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I haven't read this entire thread but from what I saw, you are suggesting posters blow their brains out with Flash Bathroom spray.

You sick ****er
    I would have thought Cillit Bang would be more appropriate!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I'm pretty sure they mean the molten kind (or at least expect potential buyers to assume it).
    Molten rock is between 700 and 1400 degrees centigrade. Are there any chains of proteins or fatty acids that would not be broken down by these temperatures?

I think this story is bollox.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    [pedant]
    They can survive in lava, but not in magma.
    [pedant/]
    I'm pretty sure they mean the molten kind (or at least expect potential buyers to assume it).

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    The new Flash bathroom spray with active guard will sort that out
    I haven't read this entire thread but from what I saw, you are suggesting posters blow their brains out with Flash Bathroom spray.

You sick ****er

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    There are billions of bacteria on your skin, in your mouth and hiding up your arse. I don't recommend trying to kill them with dettol though.
    Human cells are outnumbered by bacteria in your body 10 to 1.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    The new Flash bathroom spray with active guard will sort that out

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    There are billions of bacteria on your skin, in your mouth and hiding up your arse. I don't recommend trying to kill them with dettol though.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Pummice...
    Good point. Perfectly normal everyday bacteria can survive in lava after all.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    It's true.

Extremophile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

but they are unlikely to turn up in your bathroom.
    Pummice...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    [pedant]
    They can survive in lava, but not in magma.
    [pedant/]
    Anybody else read that in a Dr. Evil voice?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Have you seen the currently running advert where they say bacteria can even survive in lava? Should they be fined, closed down and shot for talking such carp, and how the advert get past the incompetent people that are supposed to stop companies putting out carp like this?
    It's true.

Extremophile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

but they are unlikely to turn up in your bathroom.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X