• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How Organised Are You?"

Collapse

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I'm not seeing a quote from another thread button, are you saying I need to press the multiquote button in that thread and *then* reply to the thread I want to put the quote in?
    Click the multi quote button, then click reply with quote in the thread you want to reply, and at the bottom of the reply page there is an option to include posts quoted from other threads. Say yes.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I'm not seeing a quote from another thread button, are you saying I need to press the multiquote button in that thread and *then* reply to the thread I want to put the quote in?
    Originally posted by Drewster View Post
    Thats what he said.......

and what I do.......
    Having tried it, I think I'll stick with my method, at least for cross thread posting.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    I'm more than a little obsessed

Although I did get him to look at one last weekend... he said I was never to tell anyone

Churchy wants to hide a lot of things from the CUK forums, doesnt he ?

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Thats what he said.......

and what I do.......

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    WHS.

Not WHS.
    Although (obviously) amend the quote/make it all up which ever method used!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Look at the bottom of each post, next to the Reply With Quote link, there is a little button that looks like a set of quotation marks with a plus next to it.

Click that on every post you want to quote and it gets added into the reply you make when you click Reply With Quote.

If you are replying to another thread then you need to scroll down to the bottom wher it asks you if you want to include quoted posts from another thread.
    WHS.

Just manually type the quote tags in, or cut and paste.
    Not WHS.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Tell me about it; one minute I'm piddling on a pregnancy test, the next I'm baking a birthday cake.

Oh no, those mags send you mental - my mate drove over 100 miles to pick up "nice, grey stones" from a beach to use as name places.
    I'm more than a little obsessed

Although I did get him to look at one last weekend... he said I was never to tell anyone

Easily fixed

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Q1. That's clever. How do you do it? Quoting from another thread, I mean.

Q2. Also, how is it I do that thing where you quote more than one post in a reply?
    Just manually type the quote tags in, or cut and paste.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied

Q2. Also, how is it I do that thing where you quote more than one post in a reply?
    Look at the bottom of each post, next to the Reply With Quote link, there is a little button that looks like a set of quotation marks with a plus next to it.

Click that on every post you want to quote and it gets added into the reply you make when you click Reply With Quote.

If you are replying to another thread then you need to scroll down to the bottom wher it asks you if you want to include quoted posts from another thread.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Easily fixed

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    In the "Good Book" thread - I wanted to say - actually all I'm reading now is wedding mags, but I decided I could do without the ribbing so kept me gob shut
    Easily fixed

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    OMG - Can't believe he is going to be 1 - that has bloody well flown by!!

Hen Party...

In the "Good Book" thread - I wanted to say - actually all I'm reading now is wedding mags, but I decided I could do without the ribbing so kept me gob shut
    Tell me about it; one minute I'm piddling on a pregnancy test, the next I'm baking a birthday cake.

Oh no, those mags send you mental - my mate drove over 100 miles to pick up "nice, grey stones" from a beach to use as name places.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Ditto. Am in the process of organising babyson's 1st bday party for tomorrow as well as a hen weekend for two weeks time. List heaven! My sister is horrified.
    Bloody hell, has it been a year already?

Doesn't seem like 5 minutes since we were runnning the sweepstake on when you were going to pop

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Ditto. Am in the process of organising babyson's 1st bday party for tomorrow as well as a hen weekend for two weeks time. List heaven! My sister is horrified.
    OMG - Can't believe he is going to be 1 - that has bloody well flown by!!

Hen Party...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X