• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Junior Apprentice

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Junior Apprentice"

Collapse

• gingerjedi
    replied
    The Daily Mash - JUNIOR APPRENTICE URGED TO GET SOME CIDER AND A COPY OF 'PORKY'S' BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    That said, the fact that Tim rarely bothered to wear a tie, and on the rare occasions that he did never did up his top button for appearing in the board room would have ruled him out for me.
    And I think he should have invested in a new razor, had a permanent 5 o'clock shadow.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    ..and the fact that he was basically idle and had slopey shoulders.
    Career in project management beckons?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    ..and the fact that he was basically idle and had slopey shoulders.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    I was surprised that Arjen won, considering that he is bright, tallented and has a hat full of academic qualifications. In the "grown up" version, anyone with anything academic is usually booted out by Sralun because they ain't enuff like 'im to fit in wiv 'is organisation.

Tim had all the ideas (at last) in the final show, and maths boy did the presentation and seemed nice. That said, the fact that Tim rarely bothered to wear a tie, and on the rare occasions that he did never did up his top button for appearing in the board room would have ruled him out for me.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    She did a good line in sneering. The best minute of the series was in the previous week when the opposing team got £0 in sales pitch No.2 <sneer> and £38K in sales pitch No.3 <shocked open mouthed horror>

Priceless!

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    I'm not so sure about the winner myself, as he seemed a bit niche, as in good at maths but not so great with people. He'd probably be a good CFO.

My money was on Zoe, as she had front, spoke her own mind, was engaging and interesting and didn't seem to follow the herd mentality.

Actually, it's probably for the best she didn't win, becase I guarantee that an organisation like Lord Sugar's would have moulded, packaged and constrained her, and produced another carbon copy good little wage slave.

She's better off on her own, doing her own thing, without being stifled and controlled.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Of course if you land up working for Zoe Plummer in the future, kids arent going to know what hit them.

Best candidate one, but what an incredible, confident pitcher and sales person she was. Really very impressive. Only let down by her inner thoughts appearing on her face.
    Agreed, although to be fair the two guys in the winning team improved immensely on that front, Arjen especially was incredibly articulate and confident. Zoe was a right piece of work.

One thing I don't get is why this is the 'Junior' Apprentice. 16-17 is the right age to be a real apprentice... if I was Sugar I'd have given the top 4 scholarships to university and hired them in some fast track program - they're the kind of people you want to invest £100k in.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Well I never. Google's banner design today is in honour of Mowgli.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Considering they were all school-age kids, I personally feel encouraged that maybe our country isn't totally shafted after all.
    Of course if you land up working for Zoe Plummer in the future, kids arent going to know what hit them.

Best candidate one, but what an incredible, confident pitcher and sales person she was. Really very impressive. Only let down by her inner thoughts appearing on her face.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Considering they were all school-age kids, I personally feel encouraged that maybe our country isn't totally shafted after all.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by SizeZero View Post
    I watched the second half of the series, and Arjun was definitely the best candidate. He just had a great temprement and customers just liked him because he wasn't curt or arrogant, just positive. I hope he has a great future.
    So do I.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by SizeZero View Post
    I watched the second half of the series, and Arjun was definitely the best candidate. He just had a great temprement and customers just liked him because he wasn't curt or arrogant, just positive. I hope he has a great future.

I think anyone who bought anything from him was just thinking he was a boyscout doing bob a job for charity and took pity on him.

Lets face it he looked about 10.

Leave a comment:

• SizeZero
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
    Was that name really necessary? I thought the best candidate won.
    Apart from the specs, The resemblance is remarkable!

I missed the entire series apart from last nights.
    Both finalists seems like really nice, intelligent chaps Arjun just had the edge although I thought suralun was going to pick farmers boy (or give them both the prize)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X