• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The reason we need a Capital punishment option"

Collapse

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Well apparently we will all be allowd to vote on where we want public spending cuts

And I have to say people who have been clearly convicted of child abuse/murder can take a bullet for all I care - they decided societies rules did not apply to them - so why should we spend money keeping them alive.

Next in line is lazy chav scum

closely followed by teenage slappers who see having as many kids of as many different colours as a career option.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Well apparently we will all be allowd to vote on where we want public spending cuts

And I have to say people who have been clearly convicted of child abuse/murder can take a bullet for all I care - they decided societies rules did not apply to them - so why should we spend money keeping them alive.

Next in line is lazy chav scum

closely followed by teenage slappers who see having as many kids of as many different colours as a career option.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    I pretty much agree that life should mean no chance of parole in the case of child killers, but the system we have pretty much works. I don't think the cost/benefit is there to change it.
    If it's "cost/benefit" you're after, try a couple of yards of (reusable) rope over a (reusable) beam versus the cost of keeping this piece of human offal alive for another 31 years.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    That guy had been sexually assaulting people since he was at school, so why would he stop as an old man?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Absolutely disagree. As a paedophile, he will always be a danger to society in some way or another.
    Dunno, I think most people's urges will greatly diminished by that age.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Big deal. It was 50 years, now it's 40... still a very long time by which he'd be too old to be a threat, which is kind of the point.
    I can't even imagine what 5 years in prison would be like, let alone 40. Think I'd rather be dead.
    As does Huntley and a few other ***** who won't ever be let out.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    .......there will probably be an easy chemical cure for paedophilia in 40 years time................
    I was of the impression that a single ounce of lead inserted at high velocity behind the left ear already provided a "chemical cure".........

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Big deal. It was 50 years, now it's 40... still a very long time by which he'd be too old to be a threat, which is kind of the point.
    I can't even imagine what 5 years in prison would be like, let alone 40. Think I'd rather be dead.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Asterisk
    Just making dinner and realised I'd spelt that wrong. Annoyed me so much I logged on to correct it. Damn you to hell.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Thank you. I will ignore the asterix and take you at your word.
    Asterisk

Speaking as a bed-wetting etc etc, if it was my child I would illogically want him released so I could hunt him down and torture him to death slowly.

What is most crap about this is that we are all paying a fortune for judges and lawyers and all their lackeys and flunkies to muck about knocking a largely irrelevant 10 years off what by any sensible measure was already too short a sentence for what he did.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    Couldn't agree less AP. Life should mean life for these villains. Simples
    I'm not saying I agree with letting people out early. I am just saying the reason they are let out could be economic.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Did you eat Moses?

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    We already have marmite crisps doncha know.
    My how time flies.

Or was that déja vu?

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    I would fight to the death* for your right to hold it...

Thank you. I will ignore the asterix and take you at your word.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Um, yes - thanks for that.

One can still hold an opinion on the matter though...
    I would fight to the death* for your right to hold it...

* this might be a slight exaggeration.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X