• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Mexican food

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Mexican food"

Collapse

• DaveB
    replied
    Mexican food over here suffers from the same issues as curry. If you get a good, authentic mexican meal it is wonderfull, otherwise it suffers from one pot masala syndrome. The same basic sauce or filling with variable quantities of chili in it to diferentiate between the 'different' dishes.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Corona Victoria was my fave when I was out there for a while, but XX is good too.

I never found this out, but is there any difference between Corona & Coronita? Didn't taste like it - esp with a wedge of lime in the top...
    Coronita = smaller bottle IIRC.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    l

non-Spanish speaking person, surely?

Yo supongo que sí

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Help for all the uninitiated.

Mexican Food Glossary | Mexican Food A - B
    Our Mexican food glossary is designed for the non-English speaking person that wants to cook award winning Mexican food recipes but is finding it hard to figure out the many Spanish terms.
    l

non-Spanish speaking person, surely?

Leave a comment:

• gricerboy
    replied
    Ever eaten El Gusanito? Seen people fight over thsat little worm before. Doesn't actually do anything by all accounts. Get a better high from scraping the stuff off a banana skin and smoking it!

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I was on about the food really. Grim.
    Help for all the uninitiated.

Mexican Food Glossary | Mexican Food A - B

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Obviously only ever had the cooking tequila tulipe that they sell here then.

Proper tequila is a sipping drink, much like a fine malt.
    I was on about the food really. Grim.

The smell of (the tulipe) tequila makes me gag these days. Not sure I'd therefore be able to try the proper stuff without dry retching.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    WHS
    Obviously only ever had the cooking tequila tulipe that they sell here then.

Proper tequila is a sipping drink, much like a fine malt.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    And just what is the bleeding difference between Burritos, Enchilladas, Chimichangas, Tacos, Fajitas etc. etc.??
    They are all just the same bleeding flat bland tasteless piece of dough anyway. Might as well wrap them up in a chamois for all the taste they add.
    Still, for a nation that cannot fashion anything more tasty on the alcoholic front than Tequila, my hopes were never high!
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Sol is Mexican beer. I guess that SY01 drinks beer. So, not the grubby answer you were hoping for!

Best Mexican beer I've tried is Dos Equis ... yum
    xx is muchos good cervesa

they used to sell cases of it at my local majestic, but not any more

Pacifico is also nice.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Sol is Mexican beer. I guess that SY01 drinks beer. So, not the grubby answer you were hoping for!

Corona Victoria was my fave when I was out there for a while, but XX is good too.

I never found this out, but is there any difference between Corona & Coronita? Didn't taste like it - esp with a wedge of lime in the top...

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    What is "sol" , is it an euphemism for something that you regularly indulge in ?

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    I bet it tastes like tulip and they are gone within 12 months.
    They didn't last long the first time around.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Did they call it Wahaca because nobody outside fo Mexico can pronounce Oaxaca properly?
    Yep

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    don't forget the slice of lime in your chilled bottle of "sol"

What is "sol" , is it an euphemism for something that you regularly indulge in ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X