• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Time to bring back foxhunting?"

Collapse

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Nonsense, total nonsense.
    In your opinion as a computer programmer which we know from this site is the key to all knowledge and expertise in everything ever.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Fox hunting is partially to blame for the rise of the urban Fox.
    Nonsense, total nonsense.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Twin girls in hospital after fox attack at London home - Telegraph

Blasted vermin keep digging holes in my garden.

Being torn apart by hounds is too good for 'em.
    Fox hunting is partially to blame for the rise of the urban Fox. Anecdotally I have a friend who was a farmer for 30 years or so, while talking about this attack and he didn't recognise the MO. He told me that in all the time he worked the land he only once heard of a fox attacking chickens and the like. Quite often they fed on lame or weak rabbits. What we are seeing now is the effect of man pushing the fox out of it's rural environment largely through urbanisation, obviously chasing the fox out of the countryside has not helped.

The urban Fox is becoming a totally different species, Fox Hunting with hounds certainly isn't going to help its demise.
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 9 June 2010, 10:14.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    <conspiracy>

B I L L Y B I R O = B R I L L O Y I B

Is a yib a type of scouring pad?

</conspiracy>
    Good Spot!!!

BrilloYesI'mBack

Hello Brillo

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Drewster View Post
    BillyBiro.... Don't tell me just a long time lurker who just decided to register and get in on this thread....
    <conspiracy>

B I L L Y B I R O = B R I L L O Y I B

Is a yib a type of scouring pad?

</conspiracy>

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    A quick google and you can pick up quite a few similar stories.

You can also find claims that the Tories have made up the latest story to get fox hunting legalised/decriminalised.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    It’s very unusual fox behaviour.
    <SERIOUS>

For the rural foxes I would agree but the urban ones are a different proposition.

This article about them from four years ago mentions reports of them entering houses and biting children, although it does not have any specific examples to support this.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/05/foxes-london.ht>ml

</SERIOUS>

<FLIPPANT>

It was probably him.

Tale of the crack fox (NSFW)

</FLIPPANT>

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I'm still having problems with the chamaeleon circuit.

Most embarassing.
    Cure your incontinence or waterproof the electronics, simples...

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    During what passes for my breakfast these days, foxy observed running up my garden path.

Got to the "patio" & suddenly saw me looking at it through the window.

Cue exit at great rate.
    I'm not surprised, he's not used to green scaly things

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    I feel saddened for the poor kids that were mauled, but I can’t seem to override my suspicions about this case. It’s very unusual fox behaviour. It all seems a bit McCann like. Does the family have a dog?

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by billybiro View Post
    And while we're at it, can we include idiotic humans?
    Oh Well done......

BillyBiro.... Don't tell me just a long time lurker who just decided to register and get in on this thread....

"Billy" may I be the first to welcome you to our esteemed forum...... I am sure it will be a pleasure knowing you for may years to come.

Leave a comment:

• billybiro
    replied
    What about homosapiens?

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Can we extend this cull to cats?
    And while we're at it, can we include idiotic humans?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Next door's old cat had to be buried 3 times coz the foxes kept digging the poor old thing up.
    You sure it was not a rabbit?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Why are they digging holes in my garden?

I haven't buried any bodies there.

Er.

Recently anyway.

Apart from the ZeitMog & she's cunningly buried in the greenhouse where the foxes can't get at her.

Next door's old cat had to be buried 3 times coz the foxes kept digging the poor old thing up.
    They(the foxes) can probably hear rabbits/moles etc scurrying about under the surface. A bit like arctic foxes can hear animals below the snow and ice.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    There will still be matter on the bones of some of these graves. Even after 150 years.

Think beef jerky.
    I'd rather not.

Seriously though, I doubt it was a fox.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X