• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time to bring back foxhunting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    I'm still having problems with the chamaeleon circuit.

Most embarassing.
    Cure your incontinence or waterproof the electronics, simples...

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      It’s very unusual fox behaviour.
      <SERIOUS>

For the rural foxes I would agree but the urban ones are a different proposition.

This article about them from four years ago mentions reports of them entering houses and biting children, although it does not have any specific examples to support this.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/05/foxes-london.ht>ml

</SERIOUS>

<FLIPPANT>

It was probably him.

Tale of the crack fox (NSFW)

</FLIPPANT>

Comment

A quick google and you can pick up quite a few similar stories.

You can also find claims that the Tories have made up the latest story to get fox hunting legalised/decriminalised.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
          BillyBiro.... Don't tell me just a long time lurker who just decided to register and get in on this thread....
          <conspiracy>

B I L L Y B I R O = B R I L L O Y I B

Is a yib a type of scouring pad?

</conspiracy>

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            <conspiracy>

B I L L Y B I R O = B R I L L O Y I B

Is a yib a type of scouring pad?

</conspiracy>
            Good Spot!!!

BrilloYesI'mBack

Hello Brillo

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              Twin girls in hospital after fox attack at London home - Telegraph

Blasted vermin keep digging holes in my garden.

Being torn apart by hounds is too good for 'em.
              Fox hunting is partially to blame for the rise of the urban Fox. Anecdotally I have a friend who was a farmer for 30 years or so, while talking about this attack and he didn't recognise the MO. He told me that in all the time he worked the land he only once heard of a fox attacking chickens and the like. Quite often they fed on lame or weak rabbits. What we are seeing now is the effect of man pushing the fox out of it's rural environment largely through urbanisation, obviously chasing the fox out of the countryside has not helped.

The urban Fox is becoming a totally different species, Fox Hunting with hounds certainly isn't going to help its demise.
              Last edited by Bagpuss; 9 June 2010, 10:14.
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                Fox hunting is partially to blame for the rise of the urban Fox.
                Nonsense, total nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  Nonsense, total nonsense.
                  In your opinion as a computer programmer which we know from this site is the key to all knowledge and expertise in everything ever.
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                  X