• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "israeli army terrorists murder innocents again"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    If you read the media
    Nuff said. The case rests.

Now was it the Mirror, the Star, or the Sun you gleaned your facts from Paddy?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Can we trust the "top of your head" though?

More seriously, why just THAT particular boat? I suspect that the Israelis probably had "Intel" that highlighted that boat as being "problematic". Not condoning what they did, but let us not refer to this incident as simply some randomised gung-ho event. I doubt it was anything of the sort, and I suspect that at least some of those on board this ship were not totally surprised by this attack neither.
    If you read the media, you would know why.
    1. The other ships/boats were much smaller and easy to board. The activists were beaten up on the other boats.
    2. The Turkish ship was the largest and tried to make a run for it.
    3. The UN says the blockade is illegal, obviously you know better.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied

More seriously, why just THAT particular boat? I suspect that the Israelis probably had "Intel" that highlighted that boat as being "problematic". Not condoning what they did, but let us not refer to this incident as simply some randomised gung-ho event. I doubt it was anything of the sort, and I suspect that at least some of those on board this ship were not totally surprised by this attack neither.
    Was 6 ships not 8

I too doubt they were suprised, all previous attempts to get ships to Gaza have resulted in boardings.
    Some people would have wanted to step up the game and Israel complied in usual over the top fashion.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Answers in bold and are off the top of my head

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    How many boats were in this "flotilla"? 8
    How many of them got attacked in this way? 1

Anyone know?
    Answers in bold and are off the top of my head

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    How many boats were in this "flotilla"?
    How many of them got attacked in this way?

Anyone know?

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    One of the protestors claimed the soldiers were saying that they were going to feed them bacon rolls.

Why would a jew offer to cook a bacon roll? What a load of crap.
    Perhaps he's a Jew that eats bacon? Or perhaps he's a zionist that's only Jewish in name only. As well there are friggen pig farms in Israel! So somebody's eating bacon.

next.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    The truth is there in the middle somewhere. Confiscating and deleting all the video and images doesn't help really.
    One of the protestors claimed the soldiers were saying that they were going to feed them bacon rolls.

Why would a jew offer to cook a bacon roll? What a load of crap.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I honestly would not believe anything the protestors are saying.

Don't suppose anyone seen the picture of the commando in the paper today? covered in blood after being shot and held on the ground, IHH spokesman said that the soldiers were being 'tended to'.
    Among the protestors are MPs from various countries including Israel, a former UN Secretary General, various Jews including a Holocaust victim and various journalists. All cameras, laptops and mobile phones were confiscated by the Israelis so the video footage is one sided however, the reports from the protesters are consistent. The Israelis were shooting at the ship from helicopters before they boarded. Once boarded, the solders terrorised the passengers by throwing stun grenades, firing tear gas etc. Once the solders opened fire; some passengers tried to disarm the solders, at this time some passengers were shot at point blank range and were told to surrender or the killing would continue.

So you think a Jewish Holocaust victim is lying about the events?

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    The truth is there in the middle somewhere. Confiscating and deleting all the video and images doesn't help really.

Can' tell much from the image you mention. except it looks like he's wearing a thong. He most certainly isn't shot.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I honestly would not believe anything the protestors are saying.

Don't suppose anyone seen the picture of the commando in the paper today? covered in blood after being shot and held on the ground, IHH spokesman said that the soldiers were being 'tended to'.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    There are allegations and smuggled photos of "kill lists" which the commandos were carrying. Autopsies of the Turks indicate that some were shot in the back and one was shot five times from close range.

Gaza flotilla activists were shot in head at close range | World news | The Guardian

Israeli blood on their hands - most definitly!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Goodness me.

You really are seriously deluded with this statement "The people who organised these ships have as much blood on their hands as the IDF. They deliberately provoked a confrontation with the IDF, in order to gain maximum bad publicity for the Israelis."
    "If you think contrary to what I think, you're deluded". I often think that, but tend not to use it in a discussion.

Do you really think that the IDF don't have blood on their hands then? I mean, sure, they were attacked as they enforced a legal blockade, and so had a right to defend themselves, but they really cocked up badly. They should never have got themselves into position where they had to defend themselves. Very negligent. Possibly criminally negligent - which would make it manslaughter.

No, no matter how much you personally attack me, you'll never get me to believe that the IDF haven't got blood on their hands over this. Unless... maybe... just maybe... you used reasoned argument?

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Me, I was so upset, that I fast from 10pm last night to 7am this morning.

This is how I understand it:

1. The Egyptians and Israelis implemented a blockade of Gaza, in response to Hamas terrorism. This is legal.
    2. A group of people calling themselves "Peace Activists" took it upon themselves to illegally breach the blockade.
    3. Their ships were boarded by Israeli forces as they tried to breach the blockade. This is also legal.
    4. The peace activists attacked armed soldiers with knives, iron bars and such like. This is suicidal.

Israeli action may have been disproportionate, immoral, highly unadvised, what you will. But not illegal.

The people who organised these ships have as much blood on their hands as the IDF. They deliberately provoked a confrontation with the IDF, in order to gain maximum bad publicity for the Israelis, and have achieved that beyond their wildest dreams.
    Goodness me.

You really are seriously deluded with this statement "The people who organised these ships have as much blood on their hands as the IDF. They deliberately provoked a confrontation with the IDF, in order to gain maximum bad publicity for the Israelis."

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    You think it's right? Shame on you.

Or did I miss the silent "the Israelis think" before "its okay that Jews treat Arabs as second class citizens though." in the sentence "Funny how its okay that Jews treat Arabs as second class citizens though.".
    Sorry. i thought you were disagreeing with my assertion. Hence the link to indicate that they are second class citizens.

Two wrongs don't make a right. If Israel wants to expouse itself as the "only democratic country in the middle east" it needs to do it for everyone. not just Jews. One look at their immigration and naturalisation policy will show you that they are hardly democratic.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X