• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Motorbikes? Anyone ride, what have you got."

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    I think the important part is MOTORbike

My Fazer has 2 cans, stealth bomber manufacturers can, and a twin outlet ART race can. Depends where I am riding as to which one I use. Police attitudes, built up areas etc...

Aprilia Tuono or RSV with a couple of scorpion or similar sounds lovveerrrrrlllyyy.
    The RSV is the only one I would swap to to be honest but just happy with mine. Not bothered about the fancy clothes or how dated as long as I like the sound so will stick with this for now. I have a joke certificate from Carol Nash saying it is the loudest bike they have MOT'd that isn't a Harley

Leave a comment:

• Scary
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    € 265.000,-

I couldn't bring myself to pay so much for a car.
    Hideous, and the same price as a Carrera GT...

Leave a comment:

• h8mmer
    replied
    Learnt last year, bougt a GSX650F....wish I'd started years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Just stick with fast cars now (went to look at a Gemballa a few days ago but Mrs. D was having none of it: Gebrauchtwagen : Porsche 911 / 997 Gemballa GTR 650 Evo Bit AutoScout24 Detailseite)
    € 265.000,-

I couldn't bring myself to pay so much for a car.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    .Just stick with fast cars now (went to look at a Gemballa a few days ago but Mrs. D was having none of it: Gebrauchtwagen : Porsche 911 / 997 Gemballa GTR 650 Evo Bit AutoScout24 Detailseite)
    It's an automatic. Don't even think about it.

Leave a comment:

• aceboy
    replied
    I have a Fazer1000, Fazer600( about to go on sale) and a DRZ400s. I have just sold a GSXR750k7. I was running 3 bikes, but am cutting down to 2.... The g/f has a z750 & a WR250f she jkust sold a ZX10.... we're bike mad

Leave a comment:

• Scary
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Don't forget to check each time you renew your license they don't accidentally forget to put A on it, or accidentally swap it to A1...

Happened to several guys I know, and some still got done for driving without a license, even though it was Swansea's 'mistake'.

IIRC the best advice is to take photos of your old license before you send it back in, and if it does happen and they give you arseholes, then a 'subject access request' is the way to go.
    I heard about that so when I renewed mine I marked it as 'Lost' so I'd still have the old one with a record of my entitlements. When I got the new one everything was still there though.

Got my full bike licence a few years ago, but unfortunately haven't been in a good position to own a motorbike since then

Leave a comment:

• blacksheep
    replied
    1988 BMW K100RS which gets used for commuting/wet weather riding
    2001 Honda Fireblade - for sunnier days and fun.

Took the day off yesterday and took the blade to a trackday at Cadwell. Still have the grin plastered across my face
    Last edited by blacksheep; 26 May 2010, 20:04. Reason: spelling OCD

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I wouldn't mind getting back on but my license was revoked by the DVLC some years back when the bottom half of my right leg was buried in Southend I did try to get it back or at least the money but they made me do the test again but by that time they'd introduced the 2 part test. I only had to do the second part, the bit with cones etc. which I failed a bit. At the time I was riding a z650 but had to borrow a mate's 125 which I couldn't hack. The last bikes I had (always had more than 1 on the go) was a z650 but with a GPz1100 race engine fitted (a rather too loud Harris race exhaust) and z900 tank and panels; a Triumph 750 fitted with a BSA RRt2 gearbox in a very long and low frame; a GPX750R and a Honda 750-4F2. During the years I did ride I did have a few nice bikes, A Yoshimura 460-4, a Rickman Honda 900-4, Triton 750, a lot of Jawa CZs, a few Kawasaki z650s and Honda 750-4s, Suzuki GT750 (yep the 2 stroke 3 cylinder beast) and an MZ...Just stick with fast cars now (went to look at a Gemballa a few days ago but Mrs. D was having none of it: Gebrauchtwagen : Porsche 911 / 997 Gemballa GTR 650 Evo Bit AutoScout24 Detailseite)

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    GSX-R 750 K9 which is my baby. Currently looking around for a dedicated track bike, fancy an old 600RR or R6 to thrash.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Don't forget to check each time you renew your license they don't accidentally forget to put A on it, or accidentally swap it to A1...

Happened to several guys I know, and some still got done for driving without a license, even though it was Swansea's 'mistake'.

IIRC the best advice is to take photos of your old license before you send it back in, and if it does happen and they give you arseholes, then a 'subject access request' is the way to go.
    It's still there, phew.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I haven't got a motorbike any more, but I am still licensed to ride one. I assume you don't forget how, like riding a bike.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I haven't got a motorbike any more, but I am still licensed to ride one. I assume you don't forget how, like riding a bike.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Anyome find you start getting more fearful on a bike when you've become older and have a family?
    Did some stupid things in my 20s.
    Not a bad thing I guess.
    I think I had a sensible lull when my kids were growing up, (1990 - 1998) oh yeah thats called being married and not having a bike at all!! Divorce..... XT600, TDM 850, Fazer 1000, FJR.

Filtering at 110mph on the M4, gets the blood flowing.
    Doing 160 on an old airstrip, actually it may have been the M5.
    and 140 2-up touring

Having said that it isn't all about the speed, acceleration is just as important. And I.T. doesn't get my heart racing on a regular basis.

And compared to some of my biking aquaintances I am the sensible one.
    Last edited by Scrag Meister; 26 May 2010, 13:00.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Anyome find you start getting more fearful on a bike when you've become older and have a family?
    Did some stupid things in my 20s.
    Not a bad thing I guess.
    Yep, when your in your twenties you think you are immortal. I think of some of the crap I pulled on a bike back then and it makes me wince. ( Racing other bikes through traffic in the west end, cutting up cars and lorries on the north circular, taking liberties on the hanger lane gyratory etc etc. )

Leave a comment:

Working...
X