• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Land of the midnight Sun"

Collapse

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Nice! Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Do you do requests?

If so, I'll PM you.
    Not unless they involve actual death, no.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Ah, thank you! It better had, because between the lack of sleep, abuse from the ex and stress at work - I am close to battering someone to death with a spoon.
    Do you do requests?

If so, I'll PM you.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Working from home way up north at the moment.
    Found myself going to bed very late at night, look outside at 21:00 it looks like 17:00
    This morning woke up and the sun was shinning brightly, thought I had over slept, look like 10:00, it was only 7:00.

How do the other up north CUK's handle these long long days.
    I was working one place, living in Helsinki, I went and bought some black card from an art suppliers and blocked the windows.

It was a new apartment block and they didn't have curtains.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Sunrise, Sunset Calendars and Local Time

useful link

@MP - it gets better and is well worth it!

Ah, thank you! It better had, because between the lack of sleep, abuse from the ex and stress at work - I am close to battering someone to death with a spoon.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Sunrise, Sunset Calendars and Local Time

useful link

@MP - it gets better and is well worth it!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    We had rubber curtains in alesund at the Radisson in Norway -

Strangely I found that my body would adapt with less sleep

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Off to Argos for some black-out blinds, oh and an alarm clock. Sorted!

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    @ Nor, I lock mine in the conservatory now and forget what a pain they can be.

@ AP: I am starting to struggle recently, I must admit!

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Yup. Always properly light at 04:30 / 04:45 when baby is up for the day, it's quite nice.
    Sorry 04:45 is not day, it's still bedtime for me. Don't know how you do it MP.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Yup. Always properly light at 04:30 / 04:45 when baby is up for the day, it's quite nice.
    Seems to start getting light around 4.45am (I'm only awakeish due to Norpusses bouncing about the place).

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Was full daylight at 04:50 this morning ( I know cos one of the dogs started barking his arse off at something and woke me up). Won't be dark untill almost 22:00 tonight.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Was full daylight at 04:50 this morning ( I know cos one of the dogs started barking his arse off at something and woke me up). Won't be dark untill almost 22:00 tonight.
    Last edited by DaveB; 24 May 2010, 11:22.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    So where are you? Watford or some ghastly Northern place like that? How awful.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Ireland, as far north as you can get.
    Is that the place called the Devil's Causeway?

I once spent a midsummer working in Sweden, when it never got dark at all. It does throw you a bit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X