• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "George Osborne - any good as Chancellor?"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    It makes me happy, could be more than 2 years!
    In 2 years I might become a mod on CUK and then you'll be glum

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I am not planning to go away for 2 years
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    This makes me glum.
    It makes me happy, could be more than 2 years!

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    People who study history are doomed to make the same mistakes.
    Wasn't Gordon Brown a historian - his doctoral thesis was on the Labour party

At least he's the one consigned to history now...

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    This makes me glum.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Come back in a couple of years.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    That's not hard... even you could do it!

On the other hand no - you couldn't.

Come back in a couple of years.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    he just has to make a better job of it than the previous two inept bastards!
    That's not hard... even you could do it!

On the other hand no - you couldn't.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Personally I think a degree in history is exactly what a Chancellor needs - as history provides the knowledge to avoid mistakes.
    On the other hand isn't Gordo a history PhD? And he didn't spot the signs of a classic bubble
    So in fact you have just completely contradicted yourself on this. FFS man............you might have a chin like an orang utan, god knows you have plenty of their other attributes, but try not to lead with it quite so blatantly. When you are being intellectually trounced by SY01, you really ought to consider hanging up your handbag!
    You are babbling on like a punchdrunk Thunderbirds puppet. Shape up!!

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Personally I think a degree in history is exactly what a Chancellor needs - as history provides the knowledge to avoid mistakes.
    On the other hand isn't Gordo a history PhD? And he didn't spot the signs of a classic bubble
    People who study history are doomed to make the same mistakes.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    His popularity will probably follow a battery discharge curve.
    He doesn't have to be popular - popular usually gets us in the tulip - he just has to make a better job of it than the previous two inept bastards!

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    The current mob are less qualified to run the country than the last lot.

Anyway, I don't give a frack.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    His popularity will probably follow a battery discharge curve.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Maybe we should let him do the job more than a week before making any decisions. After all, the majority thought Brown was doing a good job for quite a few years.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    That's already a lot more than you ever did.

HTH
    You profess to having numerous degrees and yet have, on many occasions, proved yourself to be a complete economic simpleton. Maybe it's not all in the education

Leave a comment:

Working...
X