• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "It's going to be a Labour / Liberal Pact!!"

Collapse

• lukemg
    replied
    Feeling strangley optimistic this morning. Yeah, clearly a dit of a cobbled together deal and fragile but not seen any lib policies getting in that I really object to. Main policies are likely to me more pro-me overall and there is a commitment to reign in the incredibly stupid behemoth known as the public sector. It really could be worse !

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Remember I (1) used to work at Parliament.

Word on the (2) street from one of my ex-muckers who is a senior Civil servant that there has just been an almighty expletive from behind 'a very senior tory's' door next to his office.

Watch for it on the news in the next 30 ( 3) minutes!
    (1) normally talk complete bollocks.
    (2) SUN website page 3 girls ballon chat boxes
    (3) years, eventually it'll happen

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Labour have given up on talks

Thank god

BREAKING NEWS
    Number 10 recognises that talks with the Lib Dems have not and will reach not any positive conclusion, and they are now discussing the method of declaring that their side of the negotiation is over, BBC Radio 5 Live's political correspondent Jon Pienaar says.

I can help with that.

Step 1; phone Pickfords and order a removal van
    Step 2; load personal stuff into it
    Step 3; **** off and don’t come back again

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    BBC

BREAKING NEWS
    Number 10 recognises that talks with the Lib Dems have not and will reach not any positive conclusion, and they are now discussing the method of declaring that their side of the negotiation is over, BBC Radio 5 Live's political correspondent Jon Pienaar says.

And Sterling takes off.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Labour have given up on talks

Thank god

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Not wanting to sound paranoid and all that, but your mate had better watch what he IMs or texts from the Houses of Parliament.

It's a no-brainer that GCHQ must log every message that goes in or out of there (even though in past years there was an understanding that the Security Services wouldn't bug MPs).
    You credit GCHQ with way too much ability. Yes, there're a good few contractors to get proper work done, but they're mostly staffed with career civil savants.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    They will give a tulip; they’ll want to bend the scrooge over and shaft him by demanding pay deals and no-redundancy deals for civil servants. Basically they’ll hold the country to ransom to get what they want. Have they ever done anything else?
    Mich, I think we're saying the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• Muttley08
    replied
    Labour are giving up...and even better they're starting to have a go at the fact Mandy and that other cretin are unelected and making decisions for both the Labour party and the country...sense prevails at last!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Labour folk seem to be queuing up to tell BBC 'it's over'.

Though they might be trying to swing the odds and place a sneaky bet.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Who probably won't give a tulip so long as they still have their stooge in place.

What a tragic mess this whole thing is.

They will give a tulip; they’ll want to bend the scrooge over and shaft him by demanding pay deals and no-redundancy deals for civil servants. Basically they’ll hold the country to ransom to get what they want. Have they ever done anything else?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Labour would have to sell a deal to the unions.
    Who probably won't give a tulip so long as they still have their stooge in place.

What a tragic mess this whole thing is.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
    The liberal democrats have a hard job selling any deal to their party membership, which they need to do. Unless Clegg gets 75% support from MPs and the ruling executive, it goes to the party. Many won't want a deal with Tories without full PR. Many won't want a deal with Labour.

I'm betting on a Tory minority government without a formal deal in place. Election this time next year, as Cameron will argue he can't govern effectively, but will still have post election bump and before Labour can regroup.
    Labour would have to sell a deal to the unions.

Leave a comment:

• The Wikir Man
    replied
    The liberal democrats have a hard job selling any deal to their party membership, which they need to do. Unless Clegg gets 75% support from MPs and the ruling executive, it goes to the party. Many won't want a deal with Tories without full PR. Many won't want a deal with Labour.

I'm betting on a Tory minority government without a formal deal in place. Election this time next year, as Cameron will argue he can't govern effectively, but will still have post election bump and before Labour can regroup.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    It's my belief that Brown going is a clear indication that it'll be a Lib-Lab coalition.

Which I think is the best result for the country and the Tories, since it won't last long and then there'll be another decisive General Election once the public have seen the mess that the Lib-Lab coalition will cause.
    What my duck-billed friend says.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    It's my belief that Brown going is a clear indication that it'll be a Lib-Lab coalition.

Which I think is the best result for the country and the Tories, since it won't last long and then there'll be another decisive General Election once the public have seen the mess that the Lib-Lab coalition will cause.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X