• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "This was a pantomime performance"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    You told him that the difference between him and Zeity was that Zeity is liked. Tut tut.

Thank you Mich. If I could do that quoting-more-than-one-posts thing, I would.
    Only telling the truth Miss!

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    What did I say?
    You told him that the difference between him and Zeity was that Zeity is liked. Tut tut.

Thank you Mich. If I could do that quoting-more-than-one-posts thing, I would.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    So has the Chief Bedwetter flounced off after starting one of the must puerile threads on CUK?
    He really isn't the sharpest tool in the box.
    Have to say, it was his best bedwetting performance to date. Shame he wont be around to top it.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Could I ask what is probably a stupid question? I don't want to ask real people this, as it will no doubt let the cat out of the bag as to how thick I am.

So, I voted by post, which was obviously on paper, fair enough.

When you vote at a polling station, presumably you fill in a bit of paper which then gets counted too. I take it that these are all counted manually?

Why isn't there an electronic system in place to take the votes, and then automate the counting? Is it to do with fraudulent voting etc?
    They used to do that in Holland, but there were doubts over the reliability of the voting machines and the really big problem was the inability to audit the votes; you can’t recount, or at least, there’s no point in recounting, if a machine has counted. It’s the testing conundrum; you can’t prove that a machine does anything faultlessly; you can only show that you’ve tried to find the faults for some time haven’t found any more in the time allotted.

So now in Holland they’ve finally decided, having looked at all the machines and seen the ‘hanging chads’ fiasco that put George W Baboon into power that paper votes are the best way. Need a recount? Grab the bits of paper and count them again. If necessary you get other people to count them, and let the parties observe the counting.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Yup, for now. It was all Churchill's fault.

I think there have been much more puerile (and entertaining) threads though.
    What did I say?

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    So has the Chief Bedwetter flounced off after starting one of the must puerile threads on CUK?
    Yup, for now. It was all Churchill's fault.

I think there have been much more puerile (and entertaining) threads though.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Could I ask what is probably a stupid question? I don't want to ask real people this, as it will no doubt let the cat out of the bag as to how thick I am.

So, I voted by post, which was obviously on paper, fair enough.

When you vote at a polling station, presumably you fill in a bit of paper which then gets counted too. I take it that these are all counted manually?

Why isn't there an electronic system in place to take the votes, and then automate the counting? Is it to do with fraudulent voting etc?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    What's the point of this thread? Let's see, who got most votes:

1. Tory
    2. Labour
    3. Libdem

Who got most seats:

1. Tory
    2. Labour
    3. Libdem

A hung parliament isn't a pantomime, it's a valid result that has happened many times in the past. Not to mention being a common occurrence in other nations.

The UK system is steeped in tradition and is therefore quirky and eccentric (and a bit stupid) but full of character, like many things British!

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    The hung parliament was decided before the election happened. This is by design. You are all being lied to. There is no such thing as democracy.

What a ******* farce.

Have a nice day.

SY01
    As far as conspiracy theories go, this one gets the most lame conspiracy theory award.

Wake up pal, the only party that lied to you was Labour. England has overwhelmingly voted Labour out. Scots have voted Brown back in so they can cling to gravy trains for their entire life.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    <cough>
    Cunning Plan 3427A?

Leave a comment:

• ctdctd
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Sticky?

Nice touch mods...