• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Mandelson On The Ropes"

Collapse

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    Maybe it's the other way round. Do you know for sure if Mandelson is "the back end of the horse" ?
    Or "the nut for a Brazilian bolt"?

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    and buggering Brazilians.
    Maybe it's the other way round. Do you know for sure if Mandelson is "the back end of the horse" ?

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Yes, he has certainly been making his presence felt during this campaign. He was popping up in all sorts of marginals, standing firmly behind a host of vulnerable candidates, selflessly offering to get right behind them and help thrust them forward whenever he felt their resolve needed stiffening.
    Now if it all comes crashing down for him, he can always forge a new career offering mortgage advice and buggering Brazilians.
    14 posts. I wondered how long it would take .....

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    She said that about Michael Howard.

Her words about Mandelson are unprintable.
    Yes, I certainly would not want him anywhere near MY key marginals!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I saw Mandelscum on the TV last night, next to Eric Pickles and some chappy from the LibDems, slouching in his chair looking utterly sly and arrogant, claiming Gordon has the duty to form a government etc etc.

It actually made me feel physically sick to think what Mandelscum and his cohorts are doing to Britain.

Anyone with any decency would have said “OK, we lost, now and you chaps should start talking about a coalition”, but this hideous slither of primordial slime actually had the temerity to suggest that his party of Gerrymanders and war criminals have a mandate to try and form a government. Don’t say ‘the constitution says this’ because there isn’t a written constitution.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by portseven View Post
    Ann Widdicome once said that he had something of the night about him, having watched him over the past few weeks I have to agree with her.
    Wasn't that re - Michael Howard??

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by portseven View Post
    Ann Widdicome once said that he had something of the night about him, having watched him over the past few weeks I have to agree with her.
    She said that about Michael Howard.

Her words about Mandelson are unprintable.

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Just now on the Beeb.

He looked old and tired, and although he stuck to the party line, it was clear that all the enthusiasm was gone: he knew he was defeated.

Given that Mandelson has chosen to play the role of Machiavellian genius, watching him fall was nice
    Mods, how did that word get through the swear filter?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall View Post

I thought Mandelson came over OK considering he'd been up all night
    Yes, he has certainly been making his presence felt during this campaign. He was popping up in all sorts of marginals, standing firmly behind a host of vulnerable candidates, selflessly offering to get right behind them and help thrust them forward whenever he felt their resolve needed stiffening.
    Now if it all comes crashing down for him, he can always forge a new career offering mortgage advice and buggering Brazilians.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    At least there was some good news last night.

Jacqui Smith lost.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    It's Friday now
    Ah, NF.

Certainty in an uncertain world...

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    <stumbles bleary eyed to the PC>

Any news?
    No.

We need the rest of the results to work out whether a Brown lead government is viable with the support of a collection of other politicians.

EDIT: or if a Conservative + Liberal coalition could sink him.

EDIT AGAIN: or if they would even agree to that.

You are probably going to have to wait until Sunday to find out.
    Last edited by Gonzo; 7 May 2010, 09:07.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post

Any news?
    It's Friday now

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

Any news?