• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "If you had to leave the UK what would you miss most?"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I can get HP sauce just across the border in France and Germany. But what I miss is being able to buy decent teabags, in decent quantities. So I stock up on my trips over.
    I've got a mate who brings English teabags across twice a year.

Is HP sauce common in Germany, or do I need to seek out certain shops?
    Last edited by Sysman; 5 May 2010, 10:59.

Leave a comment:

• Scary
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I can get HP sauce just across the border in France and Germany. But what I miss is being able to buy decent teabags, in decent quantities. So I stock up on my trips over.
    I stock up on boxes of Taylors Yorkshire Gold whenever I get the chance.
    Last edited by Scary; 5 May 2010, 10:48.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    I've not missed a thing.
    But you're from Doncaster and that doesn't count

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Scary
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    What? Only the white stuff?

You can't beat a drop or two of Sarsons...
    Spirit vinegar, wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar... None of the pickling stuff. Have to get the Garner's shipped in by visitors as a special treat.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Scary View Post
    Would love to make pickled onions, but there's no malt vinegar in the supermarkets
    What? Only the white stuff?

You can't beat a drop or two of Sarsons...

Leave a comment:

• Scary
    replied
    Would love to make pickled onions, but there's no malt vinegar in the supermarkets

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied
    Nobody's said "the people" yet?

Leave a comment:

• churkus
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Pickle your own onions they taste fantastic. no that's not a euphemism.

BBC - h2g2 - How to Make Perfect Pickled Onions
    wow, at least half a kilo of salt per jar? really?! Id better cut down on these!.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    The wife, keep trying to convince her.

Walkers crisps & marmite (I can't stand the stuff but is british) peanut butter without too much sugar.

Pickle your own onions they taste fantastic. no that's not a euphemism.

BBC - h2g2 - How to Make Perfect Pickled Onions

Anyone have a tasty pickled onion recipe? - cooking Discussion Forum

People understanding the current crop of British politicians are muppets if I go to septic land.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    If you had to leave the UK what would you miss most?

Being taxed up to the bollocks.

Seeing a huge share of my hard earned being squandered!

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    I miss the TV.

Imagine being unable to watch TV news because of its tabloid standards of presentation and journalism.

Imagine saturation level commercials making watching anything live off air unbearable.

That's my world.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I left 16 year ago. I miss the scenery (Lakes, Peaks and parts of the coast). Not much else.

Leave a comment:

• eliquant
    replied
    PG Tips, Kit Kat and Milky Bars.

The majority of people I won't miss that much !

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Oh and marks and spencers pants aren't as good as they used to be.
    Hmmm I'm currently wearing 'M&S Lycra Autograph Microskin Hipsters', so comfy I have to check they're still there.

For all the comfort they're not much good on a heavy sesh as they don't soak up much dribble.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X