• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: F.i.l.t.h

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "F.i.l.t.h"

Collapse

• Tex
    replied
    Not much of a tendency given the last two turns have been 'Africa'.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartacus
    No they don't.

1997 - present: Kofi Annan (Ghana)
    1992 - 1996: Boutros Boutros-Ghali (Egypt)
    1982 - 1991: Javier Pérez de Cuéllar (Peru)
    They don't take it in turns, but there is a tendency to try to give each continent a turn. Not each "world"!

Leave a comment:

• PerlOfWisdom
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartacus
    Plus it's a fairly established precedent as far as applying for the job of UN Secretary General goes that "people from first world countries need not apply".
    So THAT'S why he's trying to turn us into a third world country!

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak
    No it isn't - they take it in turns.
    No they don't.

1997 - present: Kofi Annan (Ghana)
    1992 - 1996: Boutros Boutros-Ghali (Egypt)
    1982 - 1991: Javier Pérez de Cuéllar (Peru)

Unless you are counting Egypt as a first world country it's been 25 years since a Westerner has been UN secretary general (Kurt Waldheim who stepped down in 1981).

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    That's the thing about precedents, they change what has gone before. I agree with Spartacus, in the current political climate it has to be be a w, ooh sorry, I meant a representative from a developing country.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    No it isn't - they take it in turns.

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Plus it's a fairly established precedent as far as applying for the job of UN Secretary General goes that "people from first world countries need not apply".

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Isn't that Kofi Annan's job at the moment?

Or have I got the wrong international Jobs-For-Failed-Politicians organisation?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    started a topic F.i.l.t.h

F.i.l.t.h

Failed in London trying Hong Kong...

Clinton backs PM as future UN chief

Former US president Bill Clinton has given Prime Minister Tony Blair his backing as a future secretary general of the United Nations.

Mr Clinton said Mr Blair would make a "good" head for the international organisation when he stepped down as Prime Minister, as he has promised he will before the next general election.

So Blair realises an EU presidency is not going to happen, so guess he'll be trying to invent a president of the World.

Working...
X