• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Flip the election, just realised I've lost my wedding ring !"

Collapse

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
    It was in the bottom of the bed, must have come when I was.........
    so now she suspects the nanny knocked it off? or was it the cleaner? is that what you're saying?

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied

Mrs gibbon found it with her foot.

All is well in Gibbon towers

Good job you didn't secretly buy another one..

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Found it !!!!

Mrs gibbon found it with her foot.

All is well in Gibbon towers

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    WHS. My ring often gets quite slippery too.

On another note I lost mine on a lads night out.

Was also staying at a mates house - called missus first thing in morning and she was okay about it.

House got burglerized a few weeks later claimed wedding ring on insurance job done.

but if you missus is one of these paranoid crazy beeeches then you are fooked!

but good luck!

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    If I lose as little as 6lbs my wedding ring feels loose, to the point where it easily falls off if I have soapy hands.

WHS. My ring often gets quite slippery too.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Shes got all that. I'm fooked. She now knows and reckons its a sign (she believes in spiritualists etc).

Anyway I can't speak to her now until Tuesday!
    Yes - it's a sign that you're a dozy pillock.

Tell her that and she might go for it...

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Shes got all that. I'm fooked. She now knows and reckons its a sign (she believes in spiritualists etc).

Maybe one of her spiritualists can track it down?

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    "Let's go jewellery shopping this weekend. I feel it's time I got you a REALLY EXPENSIVE [at least 3 months pay] eternity ring. While we're there, we can get me another wedding ring..."

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    "Let's go jewellery shopping this weekend. I feel it's time I got you a REALLY EXPENSIVE [at least 3 months pay] eternity ring. While we're there, we can get me another wedding ring..."

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied
    Brazen it out...

If she asks, just say - I lost it - what of it?

Then tell her to stop whining and put the kettle on.

They flit about from one thought to another, in ten minutes it'll be something else they want to worry about.

Leave a comment:

• Pickle2
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    If I lose as little as 6lbs my wedding ring feels loose, to the point where it easily falls off if I have soapy hands.

Good excuse to keep eating.
    Or to stop working nights at the scrub'n'tug

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post

It would be deceitful. One lie always leads to another, so that by the time you are found out, you have sweated buckets over it and all you've got is a bigger pack of lies to stand trial for. Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practise to deceive.
    You're right of course. It would be like that cat Jinx in Meet the Parents.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Same thing happened to me a few days ago.

It was below the automatic towel dispenser where I was drying my hands, must has pushed it off when hands were wet and soapy...

back track

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    It would be deceitful. One lie always leads to another, so that by the time you are found out, you have sweated buckets over it and all you've got is a bigger pack of lies to stand trial for. Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practise to deceive.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I know it must sound a bit tacky, and maybe slightly deceitful, but can't you just buy another one that looks the same, until the original turns up?
    Until he finds out that he lost it at the weekend, his Mrs has found it and is waiting for him to own up...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X