• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "So does anyone want to know how the headhunter story ended?"

Collapse

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
    WOuld have thought being kept to a 6 month notice period would be in breach of an employment law or human rights
    Last person I knew who was supposed to do that worked in a factory for 25 years and had to give a 1weeks notice for every year they had been there. They told the company they would give a months notice and that was accepted.

I think doesn't have testes big enough to say "I'm leaving in 4 weeks".

Who wants to stay in a position for half a year (a significant amount of time) when another better job is lined up. Sod that.

6 months is normal for strategic people.
    HTH

Leave a comment:

• SuperZ
    replied
    WOuld have thought being kept to a 6 month notice period would be in breach of an employment law or human rights
    Last person I knew of who was supposed to do that worked in a factory for 25 years and had to give a 1weeks notice for every year they had been there. They told the company they would give a months notice and that was accepted.

I think SAS doesn't have testes big enough to say "I'm leaving in 4 weeks". . I doubt he's senior enough to be given a golden show...I mean handshake on departure, so why keep to 6 months notice

Who wants to stay in a position for half a year (a significant amount of time) when another better job is lined up. Sod that.
    Last edited by SuperZ; 27 April 2010, 14:52.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Yes yes, but what are you going to do when Peter Mandelson gets turfed out of office?
    Back down the Docks doing favours for Sailors again?
    They're not favours! He gives them a fiver for every go they have!

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Then got cushy high-level number paying more than contracting - my Plan B.
    Yes yes, but what are you going to do when Peter Mandelson gets turfed out of office?
    Back down the Docks doing favours for Sailors again?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    And I still use computers in my work
    Damn right. Booking meeting rooms, typing up minutes, buying stationary online,...

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Used to be? Couldn't hack it? Got found out?
    No, loser.
    That's what we thought.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    No, loser.
    Made loads of money, invested in BTLs in the 90s.
    Sold them and bought house in London for cash.
    Then got cushy high-level number paying more than contracting - my Plan B.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    All three actually

HTH

sasguru

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    I used to be a contactor. And I still use computers in my work although I don't program them anymore, just think and set up models in SAS.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
    bit like the old guy standing outside the school playground with a bag of sweets. he used to be a kid once, and tell's all about the nice puppies he has at home ... but alas he never does.
    Its more like being a psychiatric supervisor of some village idiots.

Leave a comment:

• Jeebo72
    replied
    I used to be a contactor. And I still use computers in my work although I don't program them anymore, just think and set up models in SAS.
    bit like the old guy standing outside the school playground with a bag of sweets. he used to be a kid once, and tell's all about the nice puppies he has at home ... but alas he never does.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    ftfy
    Gardener is female. You want tickets?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
    Why would a non techy, permie hang out in an IT contractor forum anyway?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    It's already quite nice, the apple trees are in bloom.
    Anyway the gardener comes once a week to take care of the missus,
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X