• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Goodby posh boy thread"

Collapse

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    The remarkable thing is not that Cameron can get caught like that, it can happen to anybody. The remarkable thing is that Blair actually had people to make sure that didn't happen.
    Is Cameron gay then?

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Seems like a good place to test in line images.

The remarkable thing is not that Cameron can get caught like that, it can happen to anybody. The remarkable thing is that Blair actually had people to make sure that didn't happen.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Seems like a good place to test in line images.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Actually seeing people directly changed/helped in most cases. Reasonable pay, stable job, etc but I think it would be hell if you didn't actually enjoy teaching, children take no prisoners...
    Teacher, doctor, policeman, minister, fireman .... what must it be like, I wonder, to see the world become a better place, even in a small way, as a direct result of your work? Doubt if any of us know. Doubt if many of us care.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Actually seeing people directly changed/helped in most cases. Reasonable pay, stable job, etc but I think it would be hell if you didn't actually enjoy teaching, children take no prisoners...

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Yeah but that's a dumb saying. It's like saying, those who can't hold a steady job, Contract. Very few teachers are there for the easy life, qualifying is pretty hard-core, not to mention being stuck in front of a class of teenagers... who can call that an easy option?!
    And they ARE there for?

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Yeah but that's a dumb saying. It's like saying, those who can't hold a steady job, Contract. Very few teachers are there for the easy life, qualifying is pretty hard-core, not to mention being stuck in front of a class of teenagers... who can call that an easy option?!
    We prefer dumb sayings, they avoid having to think

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    And by God don't they kick up a fuss whenever anyone suggests introducing systems that might weed out the chaff!!
    As they say........"Those who can DO, those who cannot, Teach!"

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I was educated before Thatcher was elected, it was the same lot of bigoted left wing incompetents as
    now, they are sprinkled with the occasional competent teacher.
    And by God don't they kick up a fuss whenever anyone suggests introducing systems that might weed out the chaff!!
    As they say........"Those who can DO, those who cannot, Teach!"

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Wasn't Thatcher.

I was educated before Thatcher was elected, it was the same lot of bigoted left wing incompetents as
    now, they are sprinkled with the occasional competent teacher. Thank you Mrs H & Mr W. Oh and Mrs Smith she was a mediocre teacher but by goodness did she look good in a tracksuit.

I am hearing the same bigoted rubbish from the experts nowadays.

Children are a blank canvas you can draw what you like on them you just need some talent to do it properly.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    You cannot help being bright just as some people cant help being thick or other cant help being short (SASGuru) . labour have had 13 years to to give the poor (and the short) a "legup"
    Sorry I can't help you with your dwarf fetish, as I'm probably taller than you.
    Try Dwarfs'R'Us or AtW.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
    I had the good fortune to be educated before Thatcher the Milk Snatcher got her hands on state education. State education was good then.

And I can't help being bright. It does seem to make some people jealous of me, though
    You cannot help being bright just as some people cant help being thick or other cant help being short (SASGuru) . labour have had 13 years to to give the poor (and the short) a "legup"

Leave a comment:

• Tarquin Farquhar
    replied
    So by your own definition you are posh. You have good a good education that has been denied to most other state educated children, you vote for a party that believes that the poor should be neither educated or have to work.

You sit in your posh enclave having had a good education, been born priviliged enough to be bright, probably been to a good University and now in the top 2% of earners in this country.

Your "level playing field" is not for you is it? Its for everyone else.

posh bast*rd
    I had the good fortune to be educated before Thatcher the Milk Snatcher got her hands on state education. State education was good then.

And I can't help being bright. It does seem to make some people jealous of me, though

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    ...a good education that has been denied to most other state educated children
    Lack of a good education has hardly held you back has it?
    Or Alan Sugar? Or countless other people I could mention.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
    I don't have to "twist my upbringing around" at all. I come from mining and farm-working stock and have benefitted from a good state education. I favour government that will provide a level playing-field for all, by provision of health, education, and social services.

That does not make me posh, quite the opposite. Posh is where you do not want the masses to have the same "advantages" as you have had.
    So by your own definition you are posh. You have good a good education that has been denied to most other state educated children, you vote for a party that believes that the poor should be neither educated or have to work.

You sit in your posh enclave having had a good education, been born priviliged enough to be bright, probably been to a good University and now in the top 2% of earners in this country.

Your "level playing field" is not for you is it? Its for everyone else.

posh bast*rd

Leave a comment:

Working...
X