• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Downloading old friends"

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    Although I think his version of Smells Like Teen Spirit has no equal...

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    Yeah, I downloaded that album too. Paul Anka's gone a trifle weird.
    Huh. I couldn't do that from here. Some crap like "Not available in the Swiss iTunes catalog".

Grr. Spit. Obstacles like that just make you want to pirate stuff.

But agreed about Paul Anka; weird enough that it appeals to my sense of humour :-)

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Loos
    replied
    <voice tone=irritating condescending>Calm down dear, it's only a pix</voice>

yes I will still talk to you but your people have to arrange it with my people first
    as one does when one's made it

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Get my shooter out everytime I see you with that lolly! Bitch!

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Will you still talk to us when you're a famous producer, exchanging gunfire with the best of them and being 'out-of-town' during drive-by's?

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Loos
    replied
    I am finding nothing offers the stuff I like
    I have therefore resorted to doing it myself
    I am doing this course
    very good!

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    I bet iTunes doesn't offer the sort of stuff I like. Too eclectic I guess.

Seraphim Shock, Diary of Dreams, The Shizit, Die Krupps, Click Click....

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman
    Courtesy of the Beeb doing internet radio broadcasts I heard Paul Anka's big band version of Van Halen's "Jump".

I'm still chuckling at the rendition, especially when the backing singers give it with a very indifferent sounding "Jump".

Details of album at http://www.vervemusicgroup.com/produ...6&ob=bf&src=lb
    Yeah, I downloaded that album too. Paul Anka's gone a trifle weird.

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Loos
    replied
    Cojak, I have done the same as you. I have been using iTunes to search for stuff I used to listen to way back in the 80s early 90s and that I never bothered buying then. Sometimes all you know is a lyric from the track, not even the title never mind the artist. Google in conjunction with iTunes/HMV/Virgin has been wonderful. It's good that you can search for tunes on these websites without installing their software, however a word of caution HMV will "find" your tune but not offer it on its web-based subscription service unlike the other 2, who will only "find" what they truly offer.
    Funny also to see that these 3 have got different strengths and weaknesses in terms of availability in some music styles - you would have expected Virgin to have lots of choice in modern stuff but no iTunes has more it seems......

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth
    Yeh, like Nat King Cole, Billie Holliday, loads of old Blues sorts, Muddy Waters etc and of course the one and only, PJ Proby.
    PJ Proby is pants!

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek
    Thank god for that...I'm sick of the Trainer culture......despicable things worn by chavs.....why do people wear the damn things....what's the matter with them ?

K! realised my typo mistake...Are Trainers downloadable as well?

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    People don't re**bokks anymore
    Thank god for that...I'm sick of the Trainer culture......despicable things worn by chavs.....why do people wear the damn things....what's the matter with them ?

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom
    Do you know where I can get a full chart listing for all years (not in paper format).
    People don't read books anymore
    Last edited by Phoenix; 13 January 2006, 09:04.

Leave a comment:

• PerlOfWisdom
    replied
    Chart listing

Originally posted by Churchill
    I downloaded the billboard top 100 for the years 1946 to 1969.

Ah the wonders of torrents...

1610 songs for the cost of leaving my PC connected to the internet...
    Do you know where I can get a full chart listing for all years (not in paper format).

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak
    While perusing iTunes I came across a favourite of my old Mum - Johnny Mathis. After buying one song I remembered what she saw in him - what a fantastic voice.

Have you rediscovered artists in this 'easy to track down' downloading era?
    Interesting.

What was the bitrate when you were downloading ?

What was the size of the file?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X