• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What a mess this forum is"

Collapse

• The Wikir Man
    replied
    Originally posted by dang65 View Post
    Talking of which... your bloody avatar is just as f#ing bad.

You can switch avatars off via your control panel - I've not had avatars or signatures showing since I first registered.

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I really don't have any problems with the flying football.
    Talking of which... your bloody avatar is just as f#ing bad.

Leave a comment:

• The Wikir Man
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    It's next to the caption "Quick navigation" with the label "Go to...".
    Thanks - any chance of adding a "New Posts" to it?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    It reminds me of playing the football heading game on Wii sports.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Oh, if only I could.

The sad reality of it is that admin/CUK have certainly entered a commercial agreement with Parasol or whoever it is that hired a blind halfwit to make the horrible banner (can't see it from home thanks to adblock)... and that agreement means the banner stays until the campaign runs the course.

However, I can well imagine the advertiser a) receiving the news of the banner's infamy from admin and b) reading this board and seeing it themselves. I think I recall admin saying he'd pass the feedback on.

If you're reading this advertisers... DO.NOT.DO.THIS.AGAIN - it does not warm you to us. No. No it does not, no matter what the tarquins (sorry TF) in marketing say.

Next time, come to me with your spec and I'll do the banner. I could do a better job hanging upside down. By my balls.
    Perhaps we should start a "Clearsky - ye are doing our nuts in!!" thread, then they could be sure we meant it.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I understand the need for this site to advertise, I have always said it's a business and the 'general bums' like myself are just here for the free ride but then people who might want to pick up services from this site might be reading in an office environ where flying flashing footballs might not look too good.

So to the advertiser *cough* *parasol* *cough* ditch the flying footballs.
    I really don't have any problems with the flying football. But then again, I'm not trying to disguise the fact I'm wasting Clientco's money by posting tulipe on a web forum.

I waste my own time for that!!!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Addanc View Post
    Navigation is complete pants; what happened to the drop down at the bottom right when scrolling down pages with in a thread; some people may not want to go through all the threads in sequence and do not want to scroll back to the top of page to navigate back to the forum they were in.
    It's next to the caption "Quick navigation" with the label "Go to...".

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Oh, if only I could.

The sad reality of it is that admin/CUK are likely to have entered a commercial agreement with Parasol or whoever it is that hired a blind halfwit to make the horrible banner (can't see it from home thanks to adblock)... and that agreement means the banner stays until the campaign runs out.

However, I can well imagine the advertiser a) receiving the news of the banner's infamy from admin and b) reading this board and seeing it themselves. I think I recall admin saying he'd pass the feedback on.

If you're reading this advertisers... DO.NOT.DO.THIS.AGAIN - it does not warm you to us. No. No it does not, no matter what the tarquins (sorry TF) in marketing say.

Next time, come to me with your spec and I'll do the banner. I could do a better job hanging upside down. By my balls.
    I understand the need for this site to advertise, I have always said it's a business and the 'general bums' like myself are just here for the free ride but then people who might want to pick up services from this site might be reading in an office environ where flying flashing footballs might not look too good.

So to the advertiser *cough* *parasol* *cough* ditch the flying footballs.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Not content with the 'blind-folded, 1 arm tied behind your back' route then RH...

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    And to the mods...

GET. RID. OF. THE. ANIMATED. FOOTBALL. ADVERTS.
    Oh, if only I could.

The sad reality of it is that admin/CUK have certainly entered a commercial agreement with Parasol or whoever it is that hired a blind halfwit to make the horrible banner (can't see it from home thanks to adblock)... and that agreement means the banner stays until the campaign runs the course.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Last 2 posts copied to Forum Feedback thread in the Welcome/FAQ forum.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    It's not that bad, a few tweaks and we are off and running again.

I have been involved in writing web forum software and I can tell you it's not slapping together a few C# screens.

And to the mods...

GET. RID. OF. THE. ANIMATED. FOOTBALL. ADVERTS.

There are about 300 folk in my office room and I might as well get up with a megaphone and tell them i am having a fly peek at the web with these things going on.

Leave a comment:

• Addanc
    replied
    Navigation is complete pants; what happened to the drop down at the bottom right when scrolling down pages with in a thread; some people may not want to go through all the threads in sequence and do not want to scroll back to the top of page to navigate back to the forum they were in.

Leave a comment:

• The Wikir Man
    replied
    Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Can we have the old forum back please - it was working well so why change it ?
    Because times change, new features are introduced, some security holes may have been closed, etc. etc.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Can we have the old forum back please - it was working well so why change it ?
    See part of an earlier response to a related thread:

The bulletin board software was long overdue an upgrade for a multitude of reasons - and the styles have changed as part of that upgrade.

If you have specific feedback to give then go here to do so.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X