• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Gordon getting a grilling on Radio1"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Most young people don't seem to mind, by all accounts, because those old enough to vote plan voting Labour and Glib Dem (no better, in fact worse) in droves.
    That will change when they start paying taxes and wonder why they have to pay more and more to get less and less.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    .. People who as yet are too young to vote will foot the bill for Labour’s incompetence. That adds up to ‘taxation without representation’. An affront to democracy.
    Most young people don't seem to mind, by all accounts, because those old enough to vote plan voting Labour and Glib Dem (no better, in fact worse) in droves.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
    What hostile treatment of IT contractors?

Hostile treatment of people trying to dodge NICs on their income, OK. I'm in favour of that.
    The difference is that: Last year my "dodged" NICs paid for several local carpenters, plumbers, tilers and plasterers all of whom, live in my community. They inturn then spent a fair amount of that cash with the local village pubs & farm shops. All keeping my village floating nicely in a time of cash shortages.

If it had gone to the fucnuts @ hmrc on behalf of nu liebour the cash would have gone up in flames to a bunch of offshore IT companies that don't pay a penny in tax in this country...

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post

Hostile treatment of people trying to dodge NICs on their income, OK. I'm in favour of that.
    I’m in favour of people dodging NICs because the social security system is a complete rip off. It takes a large chunk of people’s incomes and when they need to make a claim provides them with a pittance. The benefits provided to ’hard working people’ who have found themselves in a sticky situation are a pittance related to the premiums of this so-called insurance scheme. Plus, just when you’ll need those benefits, such as during a recession, you’ll find that whatever government happens to be in power will find it necessary to reduce either the benefits or the time you can receive them. The massive state bureaucracy and ridiculous failed IT systems that effectively subsidize crap software houses to get tulipe built by Bob swallow up the money that people had hoped would be there to help them when they get in a sticky situation. That’s not a ‘national insurance’ scheme; it’s a Ponzi scheme, and any right minded individual would do well to steer clear of it.

I also blame the Labour government for saddling everyone who lives in Britain during the next 30 years with an enormous debt to pay for the utterly incompetent supervision of the banks and the ridiculous levels of public spending. People who as yet are too young to vote will foot the bill for Labour’s incompetence. That adds up to ‘taxation without representation’. An affront to democracy.

Leave a comment:

• Tarquin Farquhar
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    tell me something Dang.. now that you have stuck your head above the parapet and admitted to being a labour party supporter (obviously a fanatical one), can you please tell me if you are actually an IT contractor? In which case how do you square the treatment of IT contractors against their hostile treatment by Labour?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Well I am not sure what you mean by "load of crap" but I am interested to know what sort of view of a country's affluence you can see from a train. If the affluence is judged by commuters not saying a word, the arse end of towns and housing estates and sheep grazing in the field then let us see it on the labour manifesto

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    you are an absurd and ignorant apologist for a regime that has heaped misery upon millions of people. Your whole argument is based upon the "well you're alright arent you?" mantra. Well my friend the only people who are "allright" are the talentless parasites who run and support your disgusting regime. The sheer assumptive arrogance of your last point shows what an idiot you are.
    What a load of crap. 2/10.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    You can **** right off.

Not only have I lost my fantasy Porsche, but two ******* fantasy Ferraris as well.

Chill out, Walt

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by dang65 View Post

None of the rage-inducing issues in that article have affected me anyway, though I'm sorry if anyone has lost homes and families by being bled dry by such legislation. I suspect they only lost their fantasy Porsche though.
    You can **** right off.

Not only have I lost my fantasy Porsche, but two ******* fantasy Ferraris as well.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    What's this about "defend your position"? I'm not actually in the Labour government, you do realise?

None of the rage-inducing issues in that article have affected me anyway, though I'm sorry if anyone has lost homes and families by being bled dry by such legislation. I suspect they only lost their fantasy Porsche though.
    you are an absurd and ignorant apologist for a regime that has heaped misery upon millions of people. Your whole argument is based upon the "well you're alright arent you?" mantra. Well my friend the only people who are "allright" are the talentless parasites who run and support your disgusting regime. The sheer assumptive arrogance of your last point shows what an idiot you are.

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    And FYI, BN66 has already led to divorces and all of those issues affect all freelance workers, whether or not they are smart enough to realise it.
    I think anyone who feels that they have been laid destitute by punitive IT contractor tax legislation must be doing something very wrong indeed. This forum is crammed full of people discussing their convertible BMWs, property portfolios, oil shares, and myriad other purchases and luxuries. And simultaneously moaning about how their taxes have built this country up to the point where half the planet dreams of living here. Take some pride, ffs. And refer yourself to (a) and stop whining like a two-year-old. This is a fantastic country. You'd think it was some kind of poverty and plague ridden dustbowl from the way you people speak. I got the train down to London this morning and spent the whole two hours gazing out of the window in awe. You don't know you're f#ing born.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Regarding black wednesday - that was opportunism by Labour at its best - They supported it and if they had been in power, would have had to do exactly what the Tories did in terms of supporting the pound. Aslo, as far as I am aware, the initail cost was big, but not as big as the amount quoted. That's because the sterling they bought to support sterling recovered eventually and could be sold. Pretty different to the gold that fucnut brown sold shortly after telling everybody he was about to sell tons of gold, driving the price down before he sold it!

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    What's this about "defend your position"? I'm not actually in the Labour government, you do realise?

I refer the learned gentleman to point (a).

And FYI, BN66 has already led to divorces and all of those issues affect all freelance workers, whether or not they are smart enough to realise it. Which is a bit like people who think Brown is some kind of economic genius, instead of being the most singularly inept chancellor for the last 50 years and almost certainly our most ineffective, untruthful and cowardly prime minister ever.

Not that I'm biased or anything.

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    a) Grow up

b) Read this - <snip>

c) Defend your position or attack that one

HTH

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    I've done fine as an IT contractor under Labour. Am I supposed to have suffered or something?
    a) Grow up

b) Read this - <snip>

c) Defend your position or attack that one

HTH

Leave a comment:

Working...
X