• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Offered Perm position by Ex-Boss. Wants me to move into Sales Strategy!"

Collapse

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    90k? Perm?

You're having us on right?

OK, maybe I'd accept that kind of package... if it was part-time, and within a 10 minute drive from home.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Thats not a good package.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Offered Perm position by Ex-Boss. Wants me to move into Sales Strategy!

Good salary & package - just shy of 90K.

£22,000 basic
    Plus car and fuel worth £10,000
    Plus commision, could earn up to £40,000
    Plus bonus up to £10,000
    !!!!! Where did you see it advertised?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    That sounds like an opportunity looking you straight in the face - who knows where it might take you??

I'd say go for it, you don't like your current gig anyway and you're not a one for worrying about waiting till end of contract.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Offered Perm position by Ex-Boss. Wants me to move into Sales Strategy!

£22,000 basic
    Plus car and fuel worth £10,000
    Plus commision, could earn up to £40,000
    Plus bonus up to £10,000

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Wilmsloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!

<canned laughter>

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Would be between here and France for a year for a massive IT Company.

But. It's not IT.

More Programme Management, sales strategy, CRM Deployment, sales operations!!! Much more business focussed.

Mmmmm.
    IT = Contract = Comfort Zone = Unsecure = Constant Training
    Sales = Perm = Out of Comfort Zone = Secure = IT Skills out of date

Got offered the role a month ago, and turned it down flat!! A month later I was thinking, Mmmm maybe made a mistake.

He's just dropped me a line to say the role is now advertised online, and last chances....
    <serious face>
    Go for it.... you know you want to......
    No need to seek our approval.....
    </sf>

Leave a comment:

• AngelOfTheNorth
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

But. It's not IT.

More Programme Management, sales strategy, CRM Deployment, sales operations!!! Much more business focussed.

Mmmmm.

Got offered the role a month ago, and turned it down flat!! A month later I was thinking, Mmmm maybe made a mistake.

He's just dropped me a line to say the role is now advertised online, and last chances....
    For 90k a year PERM ....... man I'd bend over and give him a free one for that .......

Leave a comment:

• Offered Perm position by Ex-Boss. Wants me to move into Sales Strategy!

But. It's not IT.

Mmmmm.

Working...
X