• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Why would a Labour win be bad for you?"

Collapse

• original PM
    replied
    still looking for someone to explain to me why me paying more tax from the more I work hard to earn so they can give it to lazy scrotes who do nothing more than watch daytime tv can ever be considered 'Fair'

oh and another reason is that Labour Lie a lot so no matter what they say which may persuade you to vote for them would be a lie.

So it is kind of difficult to answer the OP's question because realistically we have no idea what Labour will do should they get in again.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post
    I'm happy for ID cards to 'intrude' into my life, for 'my own good' as it were.

Long, long public sector contracts. Lots of money. Easy work. For contractors, what on Earth is there not to like about ID cards?!!

I suspect some people on here are permies...
    Maybe there are permies on here(wilmslow admits he's a permie) - but not me.

Off you troop to the interrogation centre to have your fingerprints taken and get asked a load of impertinent questions for the government to sell you a licence to exist renewable every few years then.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Stap me, who's that then? I have a house and a mortgage that is being paid for by half my rate after expenses.
    House prices are being propped with public debt and interest rates held down with the same source. Savers and future generations are paying for it.

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    OP has a point, there doesn't seem to be much difference as they fight for the centre ground. BUT - fundamentally, GB and his crew are looking to redistribute the cash in a way that is likely to penalise anyone earning decent coin AND has overseen a huge rise in the public sector, they are bragging about 900,000 more public sector jobs - this should be a reason for shame !!
    Demographics dictates Camo will not be able to turn all this on it's head but they will clearly be imposing tougher conditions on this spending. There is little doubt they will be fairer on people earning coin = me and there is a chance they will provide some clarity and encouragement to contractors = me. Besides, I can't help thinking his missus would be well worth a go..

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Or anyone who has a house and mortgage being paid for by savers.
    Stap me, who's that then? I have a house and a mortgage that is being paid for by half my rate after expenses.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    For anyone who has not lost their job this recession has been great, so far. This is why Labour stand a good chance of winning.
    Or anyone who has a house and mortgage being paid for by savers.

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    ID cards and similar unreasonable intrusion into my life "for my own good".
    I'm happy for ID cards to 'intrude' into my life, for 'my own good' as it were.

Long, long public sector contracts. Lots of money. Easy work. For contractors, what on Earth is there not to like about ID cards?!!

I suspect some people on here are permies...

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    All true, but my point is, on a personal level, if this doesn't effect you directly, then why not?
    For anyone who has not lost their job this recession has been great, so far. This is why Labour stand a good chance of winning.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    If New Lie get in they will have no intention of changing things. They will have a mandate.

They won't control immigration, cheap staff keep wages down and multinationals here. Also controls inflation.

They won't reduce the client state they have spent 13 years increasing it by 50%. Those are core labour voters.

They won't reduce the deficit, the storm has been coming for years they used it to hide their incompetence.

The bills for PFI will bite soon and we are spending more servicing the debt than on rebuilding the NHS & Schools.

They will move closer to Europe and big business so someone wants their CV when they are finally thrown out.

Expenses - it wasn't the scandal it was how they dealt with it, Cameron took charge of his cheats while Brown blustered.

They can't avoid meddling.

I'm Gordon Bruin Vote for me.
    All true, but my point is, on a personal level, if this doesn't effect you directly, then why not?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    If New Lie get in they will have no intention of changing things. They will have a mandate.

They won't control immigration, cheap staff keep wages down and multinationals here. Also controls inflation.

They won't reduce the client state they have spent 13 years increasing it by 50%. Those are core labour voters.

They won't reduce the deficit, the storm has been coming for years they used it to hide their incompetence.

The bills for PFI will bite soon and we are spending more servicing the debt than on rebuilding the NHS & Schools.

They will move closer to Europe and big business so someone wants their CV when they are finally thrown out.

Expenses - it wasn't the scandal it was how they dealt with it, Cameron took charge of his cheats while Brown blustered.

They can't avoid meddling.

I'm Gordon Bruin Vote for me.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Churchill offered blood, sweat and tears and didn't get elected.
    No because people where offered a welfare state by Labour after suffering in the 2nd world war, and the Tories wanted to return to the old status quo in the 1930s.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    They are not keeping it secret but they are not talking about how big a problem it will be to solve.

That's is the biggest amount of debt that the country has been in since the Second World War. Do you remember what life was like after WWII and how long it took to restore the country to normal ?

The difference being there was a reason for being in that position that the people could get behind. Would you fancy being the one to take it on now? How much support do you think you are likely to get?
    Churchill offered blood, sweat and tears and didn't get elected.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Shhh. Cameron and the Tories are keeping the deficit and Gordon's debt mountain secret.
    They are not keeping it secret but they are not talking about how big a problem it will be to solve.

That's is the biggest amount of debt that the country has been in since the Second World War. Do you remember what life was like after WWII and how long it took to restore the country to normal ?

The difference being there was a reason for being in that position that the people could get behind. Would you fancy being the one to take it on now? How much support do you think you are likely to get?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    HAB posted a clip on his blog which is spot on.

http://hairyarsedbloke.blogspot.com/...atch-this.html NSFW - The clip is OK for work but HAB's blog is not.

At least someone is talking about impact of the debt while the politicians won't.

The truth is, the next few years are not going to be very nice, whichever party wins.
    Shhh. Cameron and the Tories are keeping the deficit and Gordon's debt mountain secret.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    I mean everyone whinges on about high taxes (no problem if you earn more than £150k) and the public debt (what's the real impact of that?)
    HAB posted a clip on his blog which is spot on.

http://hairyarsedbloke.blogspot.com/...atch-this.html NSFW - The clip is OK for work but HAB's blog is not.

At least someone is talking about impact of the debt while the politicians won't.

The truth is, the next few years are not going to be very nice, whichever party wins.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X