• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Are people with families more likely to vote Labour?"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Married with kids. Put out of a job by these clowns and scraping by for a year. No Cleenex by the computer why waste perfectly good curtains?

My kids school has gone into special measures because of its recently started 30% annual intake of those with 'special educational needs' (no not what you are thinking, it means English as a very secondary language, unpleasant or comes from a country that had no education) because they get paid extra to take these kids and the upper years have had a 40% turnover of students because the poles are going home now there is no work.

Paid for tuition for my eldest and watched a 30% improvement in her scores with 2.5 hours a week work. Other parents are seeing similar improvements.

When we complained this wasn't the school we had signed up for 5 years ago the LEA man made racially biased comments suggesting certain races were more adept than others and went off on the class warfare bus while his boss looked on smiling. I nearly turned into MF and had him over the table with my fists. The governors kept going on about fairness for the special kids .

My doctor advised me to go private twice because the queues were so long and my Dentist isn't taking new NHS clients. Most local hospitals that weren't closed have had a lick of paint that our grandchildren will be paying for.

New Lie couldn't run a whelk store with free stock.

Their client state is 54% of the working people, most of the long term unemployed, any recent immigrants. They have realigned the boundaries so its almost impossible for the Tories to win without a 15% lead.

Tories - could be more convincing to their core vote but they have to try to woo labours core vote. Yes of course they will cut back the government payroll and end the career of the outreach consultants but the unions and councils would convince everyone they will sack the teachers instead. Also anyone who is in a cushy government job isn't going to vote to make themselves redundant as Gingerjedi has proved and he hasn't even got a job.

Liberals have a good team but their policies are a bit out there on tax.

UKIP - everyone I have met from this party has had an underlying edge of racism not sure I like it.

BNP - Scum If the government had the balls they would ban these convicted criminals from government but they can't too many of their own are dirty.

Vote Tory or Liberal but avoid labour like the plague unless you want to take a wheelbarrow of cash to buy a loaf of bread.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I assume a pot noodle is what us ahem, 32 year olds, used to call a J Arthur. How language changes.

At least you couldn' t J Arthur into a J Arthur. I like to keep up with the youngsters (under 32) and so I pot noodled into a pot noodle the other day. Mmmm! Not bad!

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    It seems like the hoi polloi have every reason to vote Labour, or think they do.
    I agree.

I'm toying with the idea myself, in a sort of "let's see what happens if they win" way.

What's not to like about their promises of ring-fencing just about everything and halving the deficit by making 'efficiency savings' ?

I've just had an idea for a new thread

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Not in a million years can the two be compared. The BNP is a left wing statist party for disaffected Labour voters pandering to the lowest common denominator. UKIP is the natural home for old-fashioned libertarian Conservatives who may be anti-immigration but racist, never.

The three parties in the middle, Red Labour, Yellow Labour and Blue Labour are pretty much identical.
    Crikey, aren't you Norman Tebbit's lad?

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Have to say that Nigel Farage bloke comes across as a real twunt.
    Farage or Bercow? QED.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Not in a million years can the two be compared. The BNP is a left wing statist party for disaffected Labour voters pandering to the lowest common denominator. UKIP is the natural home for old-fashioned libertarian Conservatives who may be anti-immigration but racist, never.

The three parties in the middle, Red Labour, Yellow Labour and Blue Labour are pretty much identical.
    Have to say that Nigel Farage bloke comes across as a real twunt.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    a.k.a. BNP Lite

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    That you all have a box of tissues by the computer.
    and a left handed mouse.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    UKIP .

a.k.a. BNP Lite

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    UKIP for me btw. And my missus and oldest kids too.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    OMG and the stuff they write too!
    What like this kind of stuff?

http://blogs.nerve.com/scanner/2009/...-all-the-guys/

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Facebook is the only way I know of keeping tabs on what my kids are really up to!
    OMG and the stuff they write too!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    But lets face it New-Labour is nearly Old-Tory.

FFS

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Facebook is the only way I know of keeping tabs on what my kids are really up to!
    Lol, Sad but true.

Will prob be voting Tory if my wife-to-be will let me, she is staunch Labour.

But lets face it New-Labour is nearly Old-Tory.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Sorry, made me chuckle.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X