• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: BBC bias

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "BBC bias"

Collapse

• Green Mango
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    When they start including actual quotes from people, you know you are onto something fairly pukka.
    The BBC does studies on itself. On one BBC report on TV they admitted a minor left wing bias. The bias they said was because most of the programme makers and presenters were LEFT WING. In other words they could not help themselves.

The report writers recommended trying to correct the bias. I haven't seen much evidence that this policey is working.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Green Mango View Post
    Wasn't in the Daily Mail. The BBC admitted it's bias on the BBC.
    When they start including actual quotes from people, you know you are onto something fairly pukka.

Leave a comment:

• Green Mango
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    No it hasn't. You can't believe what you read in the Mail you know.
    Wasn't in the Daily Mail. The BBC admitted it's bias on the BBC.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Flashman View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-BBC-News.html

read the article and make up your own mind.
    That's the article that is refuted in the article I linked to

As I said, you can't believe what you read in the Mail.

EDIT: as you probably can't be bothered to read anything that doesn't confirm your existing opinion, I'll point out just one of the blatant lies in the Mail report: it claims to have a leaked report from a secret meeting. The meeting in question was in fact streamed live on the web to the general public.
    Last edited by NickFitz; 3 April 2010, 16:59.

Leave a comment:

• Flashman
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-BBC-News.html

read the article and make up your own mind.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Green Mango View Post
    Well the BBC itself has admitted it has a left wing bias.

Leave a comment:

• Green Mango
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Never really agreed that the BBC is particularly biased. Really can't remember instances but have noted well before this that they are quite willing to make some adverse comments on Labour.
    Well the BBC itself has admitted it has a left wing bias. If you are left wing you would find it hard to discern as duffing up the right would seem normal to you

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Never really agreed that the BBC is particularly biased. Really can't remember instances but have noted well before this that they are quite willing to make some adverse comments on Labour.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    On Sunday morning the BBC are making F1 fans switch channels in the middle of a live sporting event, all so they can show some left wing religious nonsense. FFS - just wait an hour. Jesus will still be dead.

Bias if ever I heard it.
    Legally they have to do religious programming. Like legally all channels have to have their main evening news by 11pm.

They have quite cleverly now put Songs of Praise, the program that made me do my homework on a Sunday, on at random times but I think there must be legal restrictions in the morning that mean we have to suffer God Bothering.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    On Sunday morning the BBC are making F1 fans switch channels in the middle of a live sporting event, all so they can show some left wing religious nonsense. FFS - just wait an hour. Jesus will still be dead.

Bias if ever I heard it.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    For anybody with a bit of brains, it is obvious that BBC is extremely manipulated by the government in power.
    When the Tories were in, I didn't detect a right wing bias. Quite the opposite.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    For anybody with a bit of brains, it is obvious that BBC is extremely manipulated by the government in power. The government is capable of scrapping the TV tax and so cut the funding that the BBC gets so easily by doing nothing. The recent appearance of the extreme right BNP on Question Time was a clever Labour idea of generating a country wide interest in BNP and therefore splitting the conservative votes.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Maybe sooner. It's a lot warmer this afternoon than it was this morning. At that rate, it will only take a month or two.
    Not in Denmark, it'll only be next week!

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    ...... in as little 20 years' time !
    Maybe sooner. It's a lot warmer this afternoon than it was this morning. At that rate, it will only take a month or two.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    So if we carry on, our atmosphere will be 96% CO2, 400 degrees centigrade and a pressure of 90 times what it is now.....
    ...... in as little 20 years' time !

Leave a comment:

Working...
X