• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The clean up operation"

Collapse

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Leave a comment:

• The Wikir Man
    replied
    This message is hidden because milanbenes is exceptionally dull.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    DiscoStewpot,

SuitsYou is also one of God's children and should be treated accordingly.

I have an idea, a compromise....

Why don't we have a secular community here

It could work like this:

For the New Generation we have:

We have a detailed rule book of do's and don'ts including use case examples and exercises that can be done in one's spare time and also guidance on how to run workshops on the same for like minded individuals

The new generation can in a secular fashion live on CUK abiding by their rules and their laws

For the rest of us:

We carry on business as usual

How to run this in a secular way ?

Well we don't need symbols or icons, we all know which side of society we are from and belong to

We can all exist in the same world but simply ignore the other secular group as if they do not exist

Anybody can contribute to any thread, those from one brotherhood will respond to posts from their brotherhood and those from the other to the other

Howzat ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• The Wikir Man
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Yes. Well said.

Coupled with a lack of respect for anything or anyone, and getting upset at the merest suggestion that the world does not revolve around them.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Please do us all a favour and STFU.

Thanks.
    np

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I think I see a suble war of attrition going on (look it up Minestrone) between the mods and the great unwashed. The direction is clear and several heavy handed measures have been used to make examples of certain posters.

Coming from several weeks ago when I for one thought the moderation on here was practically non existant, to conscripting new mods, I think things are going to improve.

From a personal stand point I have received feedback from posters in general and a certain mod what is good and what is bad to post. This has got through to me and I will try and up my game if everyone else does likewise.

IF however I see crap posts about kebabs in Germany for example, and other likewise cretinous threads, I will of course forget what I just said and carry on as normal.

The fate of CUK standards rests in your hands people, but try and understand what an augean task it must be to raise the bar from "their" perspective.

Onwards an upwards people.

Please do us all a favour and STFU.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by JimBobTwoTeeth View Post
    Even this 'youth of today' nonesense. Which war was it you fought in again? Medal of Honour 1, 2 or 3?
    Cold War - 1976-1989.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• JimBobTwoTeeth
    replied
    I'm a newbie and I have no idea what all the fuss is about.

With the exception of SASGuru spawning a dozen threads I haven't seen anything that disrupted the site.

Even this 'youth of today' nonesense. Which war was it you fought in again? Medal of Honour 1, 2 or 3?

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    the reply again represents how the new generation take everything personally and respond at a personal level instead of an objective subjective level
    Less of this new generation thing, youngster. I was getting this 'I was here first' crapola from eejits on Usenet 20 years ago, and it was bollards then too.

Eat it up. Things change. Move with it. Less b*tchsquealing.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Noise
    FFS SY, give it a rest will you.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    you're getting old, you can do better than that dad.

How's life in the chocolate box cottage ?

are you sons still living at home and giving you 30% of their hard earned as keep or have you kicked them out ?

I guess the former, would make a good pension plan wouldn't it ?

Milan.
    I believe an "Oh Dear" is required.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    ...isn't this representative of their generation, rules for the sake of rules instead of commonsense and understanding and knowing the difference in the fine line of over stepping the mark and not over stepping the mark
    Yes. Well said.

Coupled with a lack of respect for anything or anyone, and getting upset at the merest suggestion that the world does not revolve around them.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    YinYang,

please, put the psychology books away

no ego here, just simply don't give a monkees

the reply again represents how the new generation take everything personally and respond at a personal level instead of an objective subjective level

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    you're getting old, you can do better than that dad.

How's life in the chocolate box cottage ?

are you sons still living at home and giving you 30% of their hard earned as keep or have you kicked them out ?

I guess the former, would make a good pension plan wouldn't it ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X