• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "sasguru banned? Missed that...Why?"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    [QUOTE=The Wikir Man;1110419]Must have been a Freudian slip if I did - I am not a moderator here, nor am I admin or management or anything like that. I was just trying to think that, despite what some people think, CUK isn't run for the posters fun and interest - it has to at least break even, or there's not much point in it existing.[/QUOTE]

People set up websites and maintain forums because they choose to do. If the guys make lots of cash even better.

Think of it as a charity, a little like care in the community. God knows what the senior posters would be up to if they weren't posting here!!

Leave a comment:

• The Wikir Man
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    (And I'm semi coninced wikr is one of the mods/managers of the forum cayse he uses the we in ref to it in a business sense, which is odd), I'm not entirely sure.
    Must have been a Freudian slip if I did - I am not a moderator here, nor am I admin or management or anything like that. I was just trying to think that, despite what some people think, CUK isn't run for the posters fun and interest - it has to at least break even, or there's not much point in it existing.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    OK, that's different. I tire of the trolls as much as the next poster, and when they inevitably get banned (And they do, though the actual troll - troll seems to have mastered the art of adding value) .
    FTFY

HTH

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    But from what I'm seeing now, that's not the core issue I'm talking about. It's the change in itself, badly applied, badly timed, and for what ultimate purpose (And I'm semi coninced wikr is one of the mods/managers of the forum cayse he uses the we in ref to it in a business sense, which is odd), I'm not entirely sure.
    Can't really argue with that. I don't think there was much of a change more a knee jerk reaction that went a little wrong but not for want of the right people trying to do the right thing. Kinda of relate it to most big upsets, small core start something, some tries to stop it, angers the mob and anarchy rules for a short time I guess.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    ROFL... Always the way of a protaganist/troll.. You badger me to name one, go on, name one... I do and then you still barking on. LOl its just laughable. Meet your demands and still on one. You ought to start thinking about being a shopsteward in a union..

To be fair things have gotten a little skewed here. Bullied off in the true sense isn't the issue, sick of trolls and crap and not enjoying the forum is more what it was about.
    OK, that's different. I tire of the trolls as much as the next poster, and when they inevitably get banned (And they do, though the actual troll - troll seems to have mastered the art of walking the fine line) things usualy lighten up for a while. And inevitably a new one comes along.

But from what I'm seeing now, that's not the core issue I'm talking about. It's the change in itself, badly applied, badly timed, and for what ultimate purpose (And I'm semi coninced wikr is one of the mods/managers of the forum cayse he uses the we in ref to it in a business sense, which is odd), I'm not entirely sure.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Thats racially aggrevated assault that is.
    I'm sat on the stool at the end of the bar. Be gentle.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
    tay was bannedout by admin
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Oh, don't they have these things darn sarth??
    Of course not. The rivers are made of wine and the streets are paved with gold, theres no crime and managers and workers hold hands and dance around the office all day singing. Why do we need unions?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I dont think he's Northern
    Thats racially aggrevated assault that is.

Leave a comment:

• The Wikir Man
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    you can't even get one name to put in that group.
    tay was bullied out by admin

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Oh, don't they have these things darn sarth??

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    ROFL... Always the way of a protaganist/troll.. You badger me to name one, go on, name one... I do and then you still barking on. LOl its just laughable. Meet your demands and still on one. You ought to start thinking about being a shopsteward in a union..

To be fair things have gotten a little skewed here. Bullied off in the true sense isn't the issue, sick of trolls and crap and not enjoying the forum is more what it was about.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    So you got one person, hardly the majority as you claimed, and that was on LR where you want all the banter to go as well.

Well ask him for us and report back, cause unless the comments have been deleted I've got NFI what you're talking about judging from the posts and threads prior to him leaving.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
    I'll just have to disagree with you then. I've known him for since we worked together 5 years ago, and am planning on meeting up in the next week or so to put the world to rights. Certain things were said by certain people that were the last straw, IMO. Whether that is classed as bullying or not by everyone, I'm not sure, but it is in my book.
    Well ask him for us and report back, cause unless the comments have been deleted I've got NFI what you're talking about judging from the posts and threads prior to him leaving.

Leave a comment:

• The Wikir Man
    replied
    I don't know, but I've met the guy in real life, and I very much doubt that he'd be bullied out of an internet forum.
    I'll just have to disagree with you then. I've known him for since we worked together 5 years ago, and am planning on meeting up in the next week or so to put the world to rights. Certain things were said by certain people that were the last straw, IMO. Whether that is classed as bullying or not by everyone, I'm not sure, but it is in my book.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X