• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: All nighter

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "All nighter"

Collapse

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    This thread does not match my idea of an all nighter.

Then again, you are all geeks, aren't you.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    This thread does not match my idea of an all nighter.

Then again, you are all geeks, aren't you.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    You mean they are going to give you tomorrow night off? Nice bunch to work for

Anyway, contractors don't get time off in lieu do they?
    My Director (me) informs me (the employee of myco) I can have Friday afternoon off. He will inform ClientCo later today.

Simples.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    more likely to be time off in lieu

but still you seem like a nice fella, thanks for your company
    You mean they are going to give you tomorrow night off? Nice bunch to work for

Anyway, contractors don't get time off in lieu do they?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Drewster View Post

Its <sniff> OK.... I am not <sniff> offended..... I am not <sniff> good enough for you..........
    Sorry dude, was knuckled down on these tests.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Drewster View Post

Its <sniff> OK.... I am not <sniff> offended..... I am not <sniff> good enough for you..........
    He's probably busy talking to the chaps in Delhi

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I was working away thinking NF will be online soon. Are you UK based? If so do you work shifts?
    As the title of my Monday Links series suggests, I'm on the bench - although admittedly I'm only just starting to actually look around again

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Morning Suity....

Can't be long... just woken up (7am) and off to work soon.

Hang on in there.......

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    My team in Bangalore have not arrived either
    I am told they are on their way in

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Seeing as it's 3:40am here it's 9:10am in Delhi. Thought I'd try skyping the Ops team in Delhi. No one on line.

Tisk tisk.

They must be avoiding me
    My team in Bangalore have not arrived either

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    System test plans written by off shore testers who are part of the same team as the developers. Not really any good from what I have seen. Mich reckons it is not unseemly for the BA to sanity check the system test plans before they are executed, although I have suggested this but not got anywhere.

I was working away thinking NF will be online soon. Are you UK based? If so do you work shifts?
    Current client had the same problem, brought me in to deliver an automated testing methodology and framework.

I have been working with their outsourced venders.

Automated results don't lie (if you do it right)

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Lazy beggars

Seeing as it's 3:40am here it's 9:10am in Delhi. Thought I'd try skyping the Ops team in Delhi. No one on line.

Tisk tisk.

They must be avoiding me

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    What are the specs for the system tests? Or do they just make tulip up to work with the tulip they've turned out?

I feel your pain, BTW - although at least the last time I had to pull an all-nighter, I'd written the whole damn thing anyway so it was my problem; somehow it's easier to cope with when one's only coping with one's own idiocy

Good luck <-manly
    System test plans written by off shore testers who are part of the same team as the developers. Not really any good from what I have seen. Mich reckons it is not unseemly for the BA to sanity check the system test plans before they are executed, although I have suggested this but not got anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I just don't understand how this tulip gets through system test
    What are the specs for the system tests? Or do they just make tulip up to work with the tulip they've turned out?

I feel your pain, BTW - although at least the last time I had to pull an all-nighter, I'd written the whole damn thing anyway so it was my problem; somehow it's easier when one's only coping with one's own idiocy

Good luck <-manly

Leave a comment:

Working...
X