• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I'm not going to vote in the next election ..."

Collapse

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
    I agree - although Sarah Kennedy is known as "Sarah Daily Mail" in our house.
    She's "Vinegar tits" to us.

We have Planet Rock on until Terry^H^H^H^H^H Chris Evans comes on. The Missus has a pathological hatred of that smug "I'm off to the races in the Royal Box to watch my jockey boyfriend race so I get in for free but te champagne's OK I suppose, then I'm signing my book at Scroggitt's Bookshop in Smugtown at 11:00 to 12:00 then going to my friend Jacques' 5 star restaurant for lunch with some celebrity chums then to the blah, blah, me, me, me, me, me" cow.

Leave a comment:

• The Wikir Man
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Jeremy Vine?

Just how sad do you think I am?
    Do you really want an honest CUK answer to that?

Even when I was benched I couldn't bring myself to listen to Jeremy Whine. He's the Daily Mail, personified.
    I agree - although Sarah Kennedy is known as "Sarah Daily Mail" in our house.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Send your suggestion to Jeremy Vine
    Jeremy Vine?

Just how sad do you think I am?

Even when I was benched I couldn't bring myself to listen to Jeremy Whine. He's the Daily Mail, personified.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Imagine what would happen if on the ballot paper you got to put a + or a - against each name where the minuses are subtracted from the plusses. Now that would make voting worthwhile.
    Yes!

Send your suggestion to Jeremy Vine - they might put you on the radio!

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Imagine what would happen if on the ballot paper you got to put a + or a - against each name where the minuses are subtracted from the plusses. Now that would make voting worthwhile.

"Mr Thieving Robdog, Labour, minus 10,000 votes.
    Miss Uppity No-Life-Experience-Bootface, Conservative, minus 8,000 votes.
    Mrs Purity White, BNP, minus 32,000 votes.
    Mr Timothy Simkins, Boy Scout Leaders for Lets Just Be Nice To One Another And Tell The Truth Party, 3 votes.
    I hereby announce Mr Timothy Simkins the MP for the constituency of Royston Vasey."

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    I don't think I knew that... it's a serious option. I don't trust any of them.
    It's an important distinction. By not vote 'they' don't know if you've forgotten to vote, can't be arsed to vote or hate them.

Doing this shows them that you're prepared to get off yer bum and still not vote.

A critical difference, I think...

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Wasting a vote by not voting a minor party is letting the big ones think their policies are all fantastic and you agree with them all.
    Indeed.

Cheer up a local independent candidate who cares passionately about local issues and morality by giving them your vote.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    I'll be voting for Vince.

I doubt the big parties will stick proper candidates up against him anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Scary
    replied
    Vote Loony (if they're not disguised BNP).

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    The fringe ones might all be looney but there is little chance they are going to come to anything but keep the voice of dissent alive and well. Yes they are too focussed and too far that way but it is important they get a voice so us that can't be bothered voting for a min party can still have our voices heard of micro issues that bother us.

Wasting a vote by not voting a minor party is letting the big ones think their policies are all fantastic and you agree with them all.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I may not vote again or equivalently vote Liberal whatever they are called.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Go one better,

Put your coat on, take a brisk walk to the Polling Station, smile but say nothing to the people wanting to know how you'll vote.

Get your voting paper, go into the booth and write in big, bold, black pen THEY'RE ALL A BUNCH OF LYING CROOKS!!! all across the front (and back if you like).

Then fold your vote over and pop it in the ballot box. Give the people a friendly wave on the way out.

Non-voters aren't official, but spoiled papers are always counted, and included in stats....

HTH.
    I don't think I knew that... it's a serious option. I don't trust any of them.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    ... as there's no one to vote for.

Can't vote Labour as they're a bunch of incompetent koonts.
    Can't vote Lib Dem as they're a bunch of bed-wetting fools.
    Can't vote Tory as I don't know what the fook they are.

The fringe parties are all loony.

Go one better,

Put your coat on, take a brisk walk to the Polling Station, smile but say nothing to the people wanting to know how you'll vote.

Get your voting paper, go into the booth and write in big, bold, black pen THEY'RE ALL A BUNCH OF LYING CROOKS!!! all across the front (and back if you like).

Then fold your vote over and pop it in the ballot box. Give the people a friendly wave on the way out.

Non-voters aren't official, but spoiled papers are always counted, and included in stats....

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    I'm voting DimPrawn, if he can make the rest of us mortals as rich as him then the UK will be boom city

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    I will create a poll so the contractors can have a say on who they want to vote.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X