• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "scotspine's moderation"

Collapse

• administrator
    replied
    Hi All,

scotspine is only doing what he thinks is right in terms of modding this place. With the introduction of the new mods I have been tardy in getting the message to them all about what this means in terms of the board and how we handle you all.

I personally see no great changes coming up for general at present but I do not blame scotspine for wanting to clean up the place. I think some of the posts and tactics to wind the new mods up over the last few days have been pretty sad and I really would have expected more from you lot.

I will spell it out here, and again in later posts that I need to make, I do not see any great tightening up of the rules in General. Some of the fractiousness over the last few days is my fault for not communicating enough with the mods since the new appointments about how I expect them to mod the forum and also some of it does lie with posters on here for trying to push the new mods to see how they would react.

So firstly I have been writing a guide for the new mods to help them understand what I would like done on the forum. Secondly I should be posting on here to ask you all what you would like to see from the forum. I am currently upgrading to the newest version of VBulletin and this is a pretty big upgrade, so is a good opportunity to make some changes to the place.

Also I don't think that publicly slating mods on here is good. Scotspine has helped mod this forum both here and on the old ezboard set up and, like me, gets little thanks for his time on here. Don't blame him for getting annoyed with the language and behaviour on here, it has been a pretty crazy few weeks and enough to try anyone's patience. The blame lies entirely with me for not communicating enough with them and this is something that I am working on now.

Thread closed as you will be able to post in subsequent threads about forum layout and policy shortly.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    It is another word for bottom.
    Is it something I should be worried about?

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Xen, I agree with you,

I got an infraction and didn't even use a remotely rude word.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    I think you got off lightly too. Perhaps the confusion over which flounce fragrance best compliments the guyliner has clouded your judgement?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Sober tonight. Early start tomorrow.
    You mean vodka on your cornflakes?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Xen, I don't think I ever interacted with you on CUK but I always liked your posts. Until this weekend... I don't see what's got you so riled, you just seem to be spoiling for a fight worse than Churchill.

I'd personally prefer you don't get banned, if it's all right with you.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied

On which note, I ought to hit the sack. Night night...

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by tay View Post
    You must be drunk again.

You are not a pleasant drunk.
    Oh I quite like him. He touchs by bottom when he's drunk.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    You must be drunk again.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    It is another word for bottom.
    Front or back?

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    let's leave. that'll show em!

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    You must be drunk again.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    You detest me? That makes me glum.
    stop whinging. if you don't like it, you are free to leave.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    You detest me? That makes me glum.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    You are complaining about the moderation?

I think you got off lightly.

Although maybe this is all part of the cunning plan to get rid of the one of the old moderators so he can be replaced by another one of the new breed....
    I think you've gotten off lightly for years.

Then again, I do detest you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X