• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What will happen to General if the Tories win the election?"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Nothing I say would make a difference
    No need to elaborate alexei. You are already preaching to the converted.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    it would make no difference either way.
    Nothing I say would make a difference insofar as your empty tank is concerned - frankly I am not sure all the water on Earth would be enough to fill it up

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    If it's anything like shaunbhoy then I'd say it's an empty one.

HTH
    And as anything you say gets universally disregarded, it would make no difference either way.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Or even a right-wing think-tank?
    wink-tank more likely.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    What is a think-tank exactly?
    If it's anything like shaunbhoy then I'd say it's an empty one.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    If the Tories win, should we become a left-wing think-tank so we can slag them off as well?

Or even a right-wing think-tank?

What is a think-tank exactly?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Surely, even if the Tories get in with a majority, there is scope to blame Labour's legacy for generations to come?
    Yep, can be business as usual then

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I'm only coming back if someone posts a bring back DimPrawn thread and it gets massive overwhelming support.

I know when I'm not wanted.
    It's coming. It's third in queue behind the flying bacon, and snowball in hell I believe.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I'm only coming back if someone posts a bring back DimPrawn thread and it gets massive overwhelming support.

Thats a beautiful fragrance you're wearing Dim. Mmm. Unmistakable. Is that Flounce by SuitYou?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

You are such a wuss Dim!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Evidently

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied

Bah - I thought you'd really gone!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Yes, but people quickly forget ever so quickly. The Labour party destroyed the steel industry with their profiteering taxes post WW2, but it was the Tories who get the blame for eventually shutting it all down.
    When Chorus shut down on Teesside the other week, local TV had some Tory on saying how it was all Labour's fault that they were leaving.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied

It's not looking good. Typical voter apathy appears to be an issue.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Surely, even if the Tories get in with a majority, there is scope to blame Labour's legacy for generations to come?
    Yes, but people quickly forget ever so quickly. The Labour party destroyed the steel industry with their profiteering taxes post WW2, but it was the Tories who get the blame for eventually shutting it all down.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X