• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Authenticated people on CUK"

Collapse

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    You've met Stek then.....
    Ooh u rotten liar, there was no Great Western in 1961...

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Did anyone notice someone talking about Great Western Railway rolling stock circa 1963?
    You've met Stek then.....

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Did anyone notice someone talking about Great Western Railway rolling stock circa 1963?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    we need a secret handshake or codeword
    Honestly, you don't - every CUK get-together I've been to, you can spot them fairly easily.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
    I did get no reaction at all. Some people need to brush up on their tradecraft!
    I do remember you standing by the bar. Almost standing, sorry!

Leave a comment:

• Ticktock
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    When we checked into our hotel for the Christmas do, there's this oddball chatting to the receptionist about bleeding the radiators. I never even twigged it was TickTock wondering if we were fellow CUKers.
    I did get no reaction at all. Some people need to brush up on their tradecraft!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    When we checked into our hotel for the Christmas do, there's this oddball chatting to the receptionist about bleeding the radiators. I never even twigged it was TickTock wondering if we were fellow CUKers.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Bellona View Post
    I sometimes talk to people, or overhear people and think "that sounds like a poster on CUK".... not brave or sad enough to bimble up to them and ask though
    we need a secret handshake or codeword, if you walk up to someone and they put their hand in your Pocket you know you have met Dodgy. However the others might be more difficult as most nerds are shy about the laydees.

Maybe a phrase combining Daily Mail, Gladiators, radiators, BN66 and chutney spoons could be sufficiently obscure.

Something like 'I read in the Daily Mail that sitting on hot surfaces like Radiators causes cancer but the romans discovered in the Gladiators arena that licking a chutney spoon could be a cure, they called it BN66.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    The trick is to organise one at a time and place that suits you and see who turns up.
    You know where.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    And me. And slightly worried I'd be shot at by Atw, punched by Dodgy and run over Bobspud. One day a venue and time will coincide with a place I actually can get to easily; till them, I don't exist
    The trick is to organise one at a time and place that suits you and see who turns up.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Always wondered what I was missing on these evenings.
    And me. And slightly worried I'd be shot at by Atw, punched by Dodgy and run over Bobspud. One day a venue and time will coincide with a place I actually can get to easily; till then, I don't exist
    Last edited by Peoplesoft bloke; 3 April 2014, 20:14.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Always wondered what I was missing on these evenings.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied

I love that song. Not sure I'll be able to listen to it again though.
    That you for spoiling it for me!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

I love that song. Not sure I'll be able to listen to it again though.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    When she looked up she saw a rather different moon to the one she expected to see.
    Indeed!

I should have banned him from future grub clubs after that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X