• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tory plan against 'PC silliness'"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    yep

Not everything is about race. The nursery rhyme "Baa Baa Black sheep" is about taxation and black wool due to its rarity was worth more.but its not PC to sing it.

apparrently they only got taxed 2 thirds of profits on wool sale so they didn't do too badly.

Leave a comment:

• NoddY
    replied
    Crime Museum's nickname 'racist'

"An Asian officer has complained that using the name "Black Museum" for the Metropolitan Police's famous archive of crime artefacts is racist."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4569006.stm

In true form to its goal of educating the Great "British" Public the BBC add this snippet at the end - in case you where confused:

"The phrase "Black Museum" has traditionally referred to its funereal and evil nature, and has nothing to do with the ethnic origin of its exhibits."

Well, I never knew!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by expat
    I'm impressed! Did you not have to use any tricks for any of those? You know, like nigger
    Nope, maybe the mods aren't smart enough to pick up the more creative words!

My grandfather always referred to 'oo-dats' as a coloured person from the indian continents but it equally also referred to a coloured person of afro-carribean origin too. I guess it was just a catch-all for when he ran out of other things to call them. He was a tad racist on occasion.

Leave a comment:

• Gunnery Sergeant Highway
    replied
    It's nice to see some discipline in this forum.

Leave a comment:

• Gunnery Sergeant Hartman
    replied
    Originally posted by Jabberwocky
    There's a zip at the back.
    Well, no tulip. What do we have here, a fcuking comedian! Private, Joker!

You little scumbag! I got your name, I got your ass! You will not laugh, you will not cry, you will learn by the numbers, I will teach you! Now get up off your face! Pvt. Joker you better unfcuk yourself before I unscrew your head and tulip down your neck!

Leave a comment:

• Sergeant Apone
    replied
    Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
    How do I get out of this chickentulip outfit?
    You secure that tulip, Dundeegeorge!

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth
    The accepted euphemism is "Roy" as in "Roy Rogers and Trigger"
    Luckily I don't have to read Winnie the Pooh out loud very often, but when I do I just come right out and call him Tigger.

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    ?

Originally posted by expat
    I'm impressed! Did you not have to use any tricks for any of those? You know, like nigger
    What (or who) is an oo-dat?
    Never heard that one before.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    So ***, coon, paki, and oo-dat are also out of the question? How about gringo, chinkie, frog, and spic?

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Jeezuz H Kerrist

Originally posted by Jabberwocky
    I've suddenly gone all faint and dizzy.
    Jobbywanker made a funny that was actually funny.
    Well done, you.
    Was that from a Christmas cracker or something?

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    Originally posted by Dundeegeorge

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Permission to speak sir.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Gunnery Sergeant Hartman
    There is no racial bigotry here. I do not look down on n1ggers, kikes, wops or greasers. Here you are all equally worthless. Do you maggots understand that?
    Sir! Yes Sir!

Leave a comment:

• Gunnery Sergeant Hartman
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    So ***, coon, paki, and oo-dat are also out of the question? How about gringo, chinkie, frog, and spic?
    There is no racial bigotry here. I do not look down on n1ggers, kikes, wops or greasers. Here you are all equally worthless. Do you maggots understand that?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Fleetwood
    "Coloured", please "coloured" !
    "Of Afro-caribbean descent" etc etc etc ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Leave a comment:

Working...
X