• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contractor Question at last.... how long will there still be a market for you ?"

Collapse

• newblood
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    LOL, your ability to make yourself look like a retard with every post surpasses even my arrogant BullS ramblings...

If you had even half a hole in your arse you would know that my response was a piss take linked to a recent post by Marillionfan which is linked below..

Linky

Thanks for your intelligent input moron.
    sorry sorry mate , please forgive this , I actually meant it toward someone else who was openly offending me on some other thread. I just had an argument with you before

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by newblood View Post
    oh the impotent twat
    LOL, your ability to make yourself look like a retard with every post surpasses even my arrogant BullS ramblings...

If you had even half a hole in your arse you would know that my response was a piss take linked to a recent post by Marillionfan which is linked below..

Linky

Thanks for your intelligent input moron.

Leave a comment:

• NolasGreening
    replied
    Hi All,

I have been contracting for the past 2 years on and off I work in helpdesks and as long as people are long term sick, leave, have babys and workloads out grow the current staff there will always be contract roles.

well that is how I see it.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    he he

you tell him new blood

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• newblood
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

What the bloody hell you doing posting a contractor related post in General for!!! What do you think this is?? A Contractor forum or something
    oh the impotent twat

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    3 years or so at decent rates absolute tops. Getting plans B & C ready whilst I still have some dosh to do it.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    ok folks,

here's a good IT Contractor question

How long have you been a contractor ?

and

How long do think there will still be a market for you
    as a contractor ?

Milan.
    What the bloody hell you doing posting a contractor related post in General for!!! What do you think this is?? A Contractor forum or something

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Requirement? Spec?

What are these strange things of which you talk?
    This new-fangled development methodology has them - waterfall I think they call it...

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    8 years on and off.

Another 30 years - the ability to change a requirement into a spec isn't going out of fashion.
    Requirement? Spec?

What are these strange things of which you talk?

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    8 years on and off.

Another 30 years - the ability to change a requirement into a spec isn't going out of fashion.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    5 years and it depends on the market

I work in a fairly niche market and so as long as I keep my skills up to date then a good few years yet, I'd say min of 5 years guaranteed of new technology and even if/when it dies out then there's a whole heap of legacy systems knocking around telco's, universities, banking and pharma's so I'm not worried just yet..

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    You keep making bugs, I’ll keep finding them. Not all of them though, we need to keep the support boys in work.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    ok folks,

and

as a contractor ?

Milan.
    12 years.

Until the first walking, talking robot (*) shows up.

(*) I mean proper robot, like in AI, not some mechanical contraption with a tape recorder shoved up its jacksie

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    ok folks,

and

as a contractor ?

Milan.
    Poll?

Leave a comment:

• Contractor Question at last.... how long will there still be a market for you ?

ok folks,

and

as a contractor ?

Milan.

Working...
X